PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Their efforts are already split between PS5 and PSVR2.

I think Sony will be buying a lot more VR studios in the coming year or two. Ready at Dawn would have 100% been a Sony studio right now if not for Facebook buying them. Firesprite was the first proper VR dedicated dev acquisition, but there shall certainly be more.

But yeah, Handheld is out of the picture though, they done with it.

yea but they should not divide it even more .

1 Like

Fixed it for you. Everything else you mentioned was speculative or insignificant. Look I want PlayStation to bring the competition as much as anyone but we don’t need to sugarcoat things: PlayStation has completely fallen on their face and there isn’t really much to look forward to except those 5 games.

1 Like

If we’re willing to give Xbox credit for leaked partnerships, we better give Sony credit for announced ones.

2 Likes

lol exactly, like we know for a fact that Cory is working on another game at SSM so it’s not speculative, and it sure as shit won’t be “insignificant”. Unfortunately, the rest of that post is just cringeworthy lol.

I’m not sugarcoating their lineup, it’s not as good as Xbox’s but it’s still decent. We don’t need to downplay Playstation to bring Xbox up. The original post was wondering if Sony had anything so I included rumored games which have been mentioned by reputable people.

It’s 5 games and even those 5 games have concerns if we’re being honest. I think PlayStation has earned its criticism. It’s fine if people still want to defend PlayStation’s small lineup but there’s no need to be so dismissive when someone points out how few games Sony has been able to announce. My PS5 is basically a dust collector for the foreseeable future.

Lol

That’s the only response you get

1 Like

I’m not defending PlayStation, they have definitely earned criticism, there’s some noticeable gaps in their portfolio and many of their games cover the same genre and feel a little too similar. Heck, i’m not even excited by their lineup, just pointing out how to many PlayStation fans that it would be a decent spread. I don’t think that’s a wild take. I am not the one being dismissive here. I think we’ll need to just agree to disagree.

If you aren’t excited by PlayStations lineup then I actually think we are in agreement and we can agree to agree. I guess I just thought you were being dismissive when you said I was criticizing PlayStation to build up Xbox. It’s a pretty common tactic people online use if you have a critical take about PlayStation. In their mind if you have a constructive criticism about Sony then you must have the ulterior motive of trying to help Xbox. Basically some people don’t have an answer to criticism so they will just call you a fanboy. The truth is exactly what I said originally, I want PlayStation to be competitive. They have fallen on their face this generation. I wish I had more to be excited about. I can’t pretend Sony is doing a good job when it comes to announcing a future roadmap either.

Seems weird to say they have fallen on their face given what little we know about their upcoming output.

I think Sony has a responsibility to keep its gamers excited about the future. It’s definitely true that they have unannounced projects in the works but I wonder if they feel they can coast off the sales numbers and console shortages. Which is fine for those still waiting for a console but doesn’t do much for those who’ve had the PS5 for almost a year now. If you don’t have games ready to release that’s understandable to some degree but at least let us have more to look forward to.

All good. I can definitely understand being disappointed with what PlayStation has announced as it seems a bit by-the-numbers and uninspired. I think all their partnerships they’ve announced show that they’re going to take this generation serious though, and hopefully branch out more if the multiplayer games are any indication. Just hope they won’t rely too much on timed exclusives (though I’m sure they’ll have plenty of them).

1 Like

Sony’s whole strategy feels like a lot of smoke and mirrors so far. Strategic partnerships and timed exclusives are mostly just the market leader exerting control. Xbox would really be doing consumers a favor if they could split the market 50/50. If that happens then it would become cost prohibitive for virtually every Sony timed deal and they’d be forced to compete with games rather than these annoying timed exclusives.

2 Likes

Personally, after PlayStation 4, I have zero concerns when it comes to Sony’s first party studios and exclusives. Sony has already given me two excellent games in Miles and Ratchet with another right around the corner in Horizon 2 which will be a game of the year contender for me easily in 2022. Then, I have God of War Ragnarok which is the same category as Horizon and could be an early favorite for game of the generation. And after that, I have Spider Man 2 which I believe will be the super hero game that dethrones Arkham City and im actually getting a Wolverine game from Insomniac that has the lead writer from Spec Ops The Line. Oh yeah, give me that M rated Wolverine game baby!!! Whooo!!!

If I compare PS4 launch and the first year to PS5, PS5 easily wins. At least for me.

2013/2014/2015

• Knack - 6.5/10
  • Infamous: First Light - 7.0/10
  • The Order: 1886 - 7.0/10
  • Until Dawn - 7.0/10

2020/2021/2022

• Spider Man: Miles Morales - 9.0/10
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 9.0/10
  • Horizon II: Forbidden West - Expecting 9+

This doesn’t include any other exclusives that I get in 2022 from Sony. Even if I don’t and it’s only Horizon 2, while im getting one less game compared to PS4, im getting superior quality games. And it’s not even close.

As for Sony not announcing a lot of games, don’t see the issue considering the fact that they did the same thing with PS4. They barely announced anything in 2013/2014 (2020/2021 for PS5) and didn’t really start until 2015 (2022) and the real major top tier stuff was 2016 (2023). And what has been announced and released easily surpasses PS4. It’s no contest.

I’m perfectly satisfied with my PlayStation 5. Not only that but this generation, it’s my secondary gaming console and when I compare it to PlayStation 4 which was my primary gaming console last generation, my secondary gaming console this generation is kicking it’s ass.

2 Likes

Playstation makes partnerships to make the kind of games out of their comfort zone, rumored to be bringing back multiple franchises from the PS2-PS3 era, expanding into multiplayer and yall still trolling.

U missed Demon’s soul and destuction all starts

He also forgot to mention Drive Club. The PS4 launch wasn’t great and Drive Club was a cluster fuck that was over promised as a free PS plus launch game. About 3 months into the PS4 launch we all ran out of space quickly because there was no PS4 external usb hard drive support. The thing that made PS4 exciting in that first year was Digital Foundry giving their head to head comparisons. I do agree with some of peter420 points though. I appreciate his excitement and it’s cool that he’s so optimistic about PlayStations future. PlayStation 5 is my secondary console as well so a PlayStation game drought is never going to consume too much of my thought process. Personally I’m not as willing to give Sony the benefit of the doubt. Gran Turismo looks bad. God of War might be the game of the generation but what generation? It looks like a PS4 game. Wolverine will be cool and I’m more excited for Wolverine simply because the Spider-Man New York map already feels recycled at this point.

Pretty cool

2 Likes