PlayStation 5 Hands On Previews Topic

Just got back from my morning jog. Did I miss anything interesting?

Sony being control freaks, nothing to see here.

1 Like

Gameplay, photos of the console, and noise impressions (it’s very quiet).

The participants weren’t allowed to touch the console nor see any of the UI outside of games.

Yep. I mean, when it’s bad
it’s bad. There is no sugarcoating it.

How the tables have turned, huh ?

2 Likes

Can’t help but feel that the PS5 is just designed as a super casual console. Launching with Astros playroom pushing ratchet and clank and a gimmicky controller you blow on. Just feels like Series X is for the serious gamer and PS5 is for the casual crowd. Just my read of it.

3 Likes

All the goodwill that Sony built up is eroding now. Its just been a pile of bad news and vague details since the last event.

2 Likes

Running on PC or not!

This is just embarrassing.

Even the controlled environment setup has gone wrongđŸ€Š

4 Likes

Still waiting for Digital Foundry to get their hands on a PS5 and get into the meat. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are these people Japanese game press or youtubers?

Exactly! Why the hell didnt they just give it to DF to start? I can guess why though.

2 Likes

As expected, a heavily controlled first impression with Japanese influencers only and nothing else. Yet.

Precisely. They showed gameplay from games that are cross-gen (that they deliberately lied that were next-gen only) and a couple of * supposedly * next-gen games that aren’t ready for release. And that’s it.

2 Likes

I did see Godfall just now and that seems to be running from the actual hardware. But then I read about how a light should be emitting from the system and it doesn’t. So it’s fake then?

Whatever the case, Godfall doesn’t look like anything special.

1 Like

ETA on the first game that will make you give rescue breaths to the controller after CPR?

Damn that’s a virus spreader. Make sure to sanitize the controller before taking it from someone else

1 Like

Why are they blowing into the controller??? Serious question.

2 Likes

The fact that blowing on a controller is a showcase feature is mind boggling, This isn’t geared towards real gamers. Heck I don’t even think casual gamers will be excited to blow on a controller mid game.

3 Likes

Wow the framerate
Yikes!

1 Like

I’m sorry. This is an actual feature on the controller? WTF? What exactly is the feature? Is SOny trying to make everyone feel like a kid who owned an original NES again?

1 Like

Yes its an actual feature, it’s used in the astro playroom to trigger an action.

Ouch.

Though not that unexpected. Every single game on this console is performing bellow expectations.

1 Like