Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, and 5 Royale Coming to Xbox Consoles, Cloud, and PC

I think that’s a very understandable concern. Like Brandon said, presumably their releases will be staggered enough that you won’t be too pressured to marathon them but who knows how that’ll work out with your schedule. I would recommend against doing that for sure.

Annoyingly, 5R is coming out first and I’d suggest ending on that one just due to mechanical improvements. If it goes 5R->4G->3P then I can see people getting burned out or frustrated with archaic game design stuff and giving 3P short shrift.

I think when 4G hit Steam, it was priced at 20 USD so hopefully we won’t have to stare down the 59.99 barrel. I had a quick look at 5R on the PS store and sadly that one is indeed 59.99. As a sidenote, I hadn’t used this version of the PSN store yet, it’s a little annoying to use when trying to parse out all the DLC.

I guess if that is the price then I’d suggest playing P5R once it hits Game Pass, waiting a while after P3P hits Game Pass and just buying 4G to play down the line. People tend to prefer 4 anyway I think.

This reminds me that people are probably pretty lax about P4 spoilers by now.

PSA: Persona 4 (and Golden) is presented as a mystery, so be mindful of looking stuff up before you’ve finished it completely. You WILL get spoiled by Google Image Search or YouTube or whatever. I don’t care how cute you think Chie is, don’t look up “fanart” of her.

And while I’m doing PSAs: These games do have bad ends that keep you from experiencing all the content. Be mindful of deadlines and for the love of god, ROTATE YOUR SAVES. If you’re unsure of what to do by when, I can put together a spoiler-free list of requirements when I have a bit of time and post it or provide it when messaged or whatever.

Finally: that aside, it isn’t necessary to stress out about spending your time optimally. As far as I can remember (or have heard for Royal) there isn’t any story stuff gated behind maxing out every friendship, just some cool side stuff. You do not have to look up a day to day guide as this might worsen the experience for you. For my part, I used day to day guides for every run through including my firsts, and got more enjoyment out of it that way but my preferences obviously aren’t universal.

6 Likes

I like that they aren’t all releasing at once, gives us time to properly digest and play every game individually without feeling like we need to rush. Kind of like what they did with the Yakuza games.

1 Like

Ouch, no need to get personal! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Love how you didn’t deny it :wink:

1 Like

What can I say. :man_shrugging: Chie is love, Chie is life. :heart: Chie cannot be denied. If you don’t appreciate Chie, go eat a vegetable or something.

1 Like

Ugh…wish Royal was out sooner. damnnit!

1 Like

Here, have Soul Hackers 2. But seriously, we got Ai sequel soon, then SH2, and then Persona 5. 2 months wait period. Not bad.

2 Likes

And hopefully we’ll have Danganronpa v3 and Zero Time Dilemma in between too! Maybe even Steins;Gate or Made in Abyss!

Plus Digimon Survive!

3 Likes

And don’t forget that odd SD Gundam game

1 Like

I was hyped for DS until i saw gameplay…il still check it out

Even souls hackers feels months away

You know what would be cool? If ms put out dynamic persona themes on xbox. Ive changed mine now…gone from green theme which ive had since launch(because xbox is green) to now red persona fever.

10 Likes

Ah man that’s so cool!

I loved how you could get the dynamic backgrounds with the music on the PS4. They seem to be taking steps to be getting to something like that though so here’s hoping!

Couldn’t remember how the GP discount worked so here’s the info, for people who will want to buy but not necessarily at full price:

Between 31 and 90 days from a game’s launch date, members receive up to 10% discount off the Microsoft Store price. After 90 days from a game’s launch date, members receive up to a 20% discount. For game add-ons and consumables, Xbox Game Pass members receive up to a 10% discount from the day the add-on is released.

So (assuming P5R is 60 bucks and stays on GP longer than 3 months) you could get it for $48~ starting January 21st. Unless a better sale crops up first. For what it’s worth, I don’t think any of the DLC is significant, just fan-servicey outfits and personas plus item packs.

2 Likes

Ill be getting dlc for sure. I still want physical. Holding out for physical. Either way ill buy it to own regardles.

Ha ha, I used to be extremely into Physical until I had to downsize my collection. Made the switch from PS to Xbox a lot easier to swallow though and now I’m all digital :sweat_smile:

Hoping for a physical release for your (and others’) sake.

Its only really for cetain games. In 20 years time im gonna want to keep my jrpg collection physical

Yellow for P4G, which is better than P5R, IMO.

Chie-stan for life!

1 Like

Ill have to judge after i played p5. I love p4g though top 5 rpg of all time. Need to beat 5 and 3 so i can rank them.

1 Like

I just looked this up… out of curiosity

:awkward:

Excuse me?!

3 Likes

Yeah its a long ass game. And thats not even the Royal version, which is what we’re getting!

2 Likes