Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, and 5 Royale Coming to Xbox Consoles, Cloud, and PC

Will definitely be 4k like the PS4 version at least. Hope we get a nice 60fps boost.

Anyone tried emulating P3 FES on Series X or S??

1 Like

Probably true but even the most unorganised company would recognise who the biggest market is and that would be the Switch. Once the penny dropped that you could make money on other systems, you would look to the one where you have your biggest Japanese audience and where you would make the most money. The Switch crowd has been vocal enough so they know demand is there for it. You would prioritise the biggest market except if Xbox dropped a bag or if you can’t get games running on the system.

I’ll have a listen though to see what his reasoning is though

1 Like

Possibly the unintentional consequence of Xbox gamepassing (the equivalent of Sony’s moneyhatting) Nintendo?

I did speculate somewhere else that maybe the reasoning is that you put the games in game pass, you automatically get a cloud version ergo the handheld market gets a version to play on mobile. Maybe that’s the reason if people on Nintendo wanted to play it on the go. So maybe not they were prioritising one over the other and they didn’t have the bandwidth to make switch ports but that they could kill 2 birds with one stone and they get to do half the work.

I’m probably wrong though and maybe it was moneyhatting, it’s also a real possibility.

I’d rather they spend their resources working on future entries and bringing the other old Yakuza games to Xbox :wink:

I’m sure this was a factor. MS probably dumped a ton of money to finance the ports and promised a marquee to get off on the best possible foot. I wouldn’t be surprised if SH2 were involved in these discussions.

For all the joking there is about Atlus being run by dinosaurs, I’m sure this is a massive point. Or maybe I’m feeling especially generous since we finally got a bone thrown our way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean its announced for series x so would be baffling if it isnt 60fps. Im certain it is. Maybe even 60 for series s who knows

I havent played any emulated games on series x. But i did play fes on emulator before. Fes would have been nice but portable has more content

Would have loved them to add the 3d overworld and anime cutscenes to P3P. Best of both words.

1 Like

Never played a persona game before does the order where you start matter.

Not really.

Nope, theyre separate experiences. Might be more difficult to play Persona 3 after Persona 5 Royal just because the former is a much older and dated title without any of the improvements to the series as it went on.

1 Like

Some argue it has the best story.

It absolutely does. At this point though, P3 might be dated enough that if people start with later games and get used to QoL stuff I might just tell them to watch the movies instead. Compendium and fusing alone are leagues better now than they were for this.

I still can’t believe we’re being blessed with not just one, but three Persona games over the next year…

I CANNOT WAIT! laughs at backlog in both joy and fear

8 Likes

I think my main worry is I’ll play them all back to back and by the time I get to P3 I’ll be sick of them and drift off

1 Like

it looks like their releases are going to be fairly spaced out so that shouldnt be too much of a problem

4 Likes

Persona 4 still has one of my favorite rpg villains ever.

4 Likes

Confession time.

Imagine that :

Years ago, I bought a PS TV (I still have it) only to play Persona 4 Golden, then played 3-4 hours and shelved it. A few years ago, I bought Persona 5 for PS4 (with the beautiful steelbook), even managed to buy a digital copy on sale like a year ago… Played for a few hours and forgot about it each time… :nerd_face:

What a waste of money. Maybe I’ll play them this time ! I have to !

And to be clear, I love these games, but I don’t know why I can’t play them on their original platform. Maybe because of all the cables and my set up that is messed up in the process, I don’t know ! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is why xcloud version is great for me

2 Likes

They gotta advertise these games on GP and xCloud at TGS and also probably get them on the select purchased games that can be played on xCloud without game pass. Gotta get that advantage on Switch aehad of the probably inevitable port. Persona 5 handheld experience will be a decent seller in Japan.

2 Likes

Uh, yeah same. Although I did complete the original P4 on PS2 and count it among my favorite games of all time.

Golden on Vita, only ever played a few hours.

P5 deluxe edition, only ever played a few hours.

P5 Royal (digital, so I can’t even sell it now, ouch), only played a couple of hours.

1 Like