Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, and 5 Royale Coming to Xbox Consoles, Cloud, and PC

finally 1000/1000 P5R. I am most likely going to start P4g in a couple of weeks because the last stretch of P5R was kinda tiring tbh lol

6 Likes

One of the easiest 1000/1000 for a jrpg imo but thats fine. P3 looks way harder and more grindy. Requires 2 playthroughs.

2 Likes

Easiest but long as hell. Lol.

1 Like

Took me 125 hours but probably took extra long due min/maxing fusion alarms and combos :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t gotten the 1000 yet and I’m at 168hrs, didn’t bother with learning anything about min/maxing and any combos to create super strong personas. So, I think that you did it at a relatively short amount of time.

Who has two thumbs and definitely didn’t tear up when Living With Determination started playing in P3P? I’m sure it has something to do with where I was in life when I first played Persona 3 but this OST hits me so hard.

I’m definitely going to lose it when it’s time for Memories of You (no link because spoilers)

Sour note: I didn’t expect them to get rid of it, but they kept the transphobic bit I remembered. Disappointing.

Edit: It’s this guy.

1 Like

So the guide I have been following list their levels after certain encounters, in the second block area 2, they talk about having grinded for a bit before a battle because they were looking for an enemy drop.

But so far after the Lover/Heiro shadow fight, they’re levels for all their characters are 3 to 6 lower than my own. Is leveling in P3P super quick? Because I don’t feel that I grinded at all.

p3p was much kinder than OG P3 for sure. Never played FES but Vanilla P3 was brutal.

So just beat the Justice and Chariot shadows, met the toaster strudel dudes for the first time. After the game hyped them up to be shady drug dealing Assassins, I figured they would be attacking, I didn’t think they would do so like they did. Because the way they went about it was going against their goal of to protect the shadows.

So far things are progressing well along with the guide, minus a few things I’m doing for myself( mostly which Persona I’m using). I did end up grinding though, because I was completing Elizabeth’s quest and didn’t know I needed to have it active to get items to drop and that gold hand just wouldn’t stop running.

Progress so far:

Any tips on how to farm onyx faster? I want to push Tam Lin’s stats to max as soon as possible, or should I be avoiding that until later?

I’m standing in front of the last boss at the end of a perfect run (male) and I never had to farm for gems. I would recommend not getting too attached to any given persona and consistently trading up while making sure you still have good elemental coverage.

I only used what gems I had on hand to buff up my top-tier personas for the superbosses, for what it’s worth. Your social stats are looking great!

If you are committed to farming for gems though, I’d suggest doing so on days that Tartarus is unstable. Keep changing floors until you get one that straight up tells you you’ll get more items from enemies when you enter it. Instability can also cause a floor full of gold shadows, by the way!

It’s pretty easy to grind once you get to the last month (hopefully you’ll have Emperor S Link maxed out as well) so you could just go by yourself to beef up whatever persona you like, I suppose.

Grinding method for the last month: take Elizabeth’s request to kill the reaper on 1/1. Odin’s Thunder Reign move absolutely humiliates him since it inflicts shock 100% of the time. Thunder Reign → crit → AOA → crit → AOA → crit AOA → reaper finally gets to go, repeat as needed. Turning in the bounty lets you access Monad, which gives craploads of experience.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m mostly sticking with Tam Lin because of the resistances and no weakness. If I make or run into another Persona with even more resistances and no weakness I will definitely trade up.

1 Like

That’s everything sewn up except the achievement for doing both routes, which I’ll polish off at a later date.

As predicted, I cried a bunch. Nothing against 4 and 5 but there’s something special about 3, even when it’s hamstrung by old mechanics, clumsy first steps, and not-ideal presentation. A very special game, and still affecting even at the end of my fifth (!) playthrough.

5 Likes

Awesome! I don’t know if I have it in me to go for the 1000 though. Very impressive!

3 Likes

Thanks! And now I’m done with P4G as well

As expected, Hardcore Risette Fan was the most annoying one (hear 250 unique navi lines) and the two that require NG+ felt like busywork… Ah well, next up Persona 6 (or maybe P3 Remake is that rumor is true)

6 Likes

Working on my merciless playthrough of P5R and, decided to get into building a Persona, and I have to say it’s cool but very tedious. Trying to pass on 2 skills (1 currently) to a Persona using the Gallows is really time consuming if I don’t get lucky and get it after the 7th attempt.

Like a minute after making this post and magic ability finally got inherited.

1 Like

The tried and true “complain on the internet” method :grinning: Way to go!

2 Likes

It’s like the game is listening.

1 Like

Much less time getting Shiki Ouji ready to be my phys attacker, now I just got to power level him and make sure Ryuji is on the team for that extra bit damage.

Now that beautiful troll smile of his can go on forever!

Also before I forget I also got Gabriel as my Almighty attacker, I figured as an angel she should have access to Almighty skills at least.

1 Like

I’m impressed. I haven’t done a NG+ yet so I haven’t tried the superbosses. For physical I usually go Yoshitsune or Shiva, cause I’m unimaginative.

1 Like

I’m actually still in new game, I was feeling that Merciless just would lose too much of its difficulty if I went in NG+, and the Kamoshida fight proved that to be the case when I couldn’t do enough damage to distract him from the treasure.

I just like Shiki Ouji because the first time I fought that guy he felt like a massive troll and killed me. I also haven’t made 1 Persona that I need to create Yoshitsune, and with that up to 8 hit combo, it’s no wonder he’s so many peoples go to phys guy.

My plan for this play through and challenge battles, is to make 1 Persona each that synergizes with each element and Phys/Gun damage, so I can always have 2 people that can target an enemy weakness in battle.

1 Like