Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, and 5 Royale Coming to Xbox Consoles, Cloud, and PC

Near the end of P5R, so I think I am going to give it about 2-4 weeks before I jump into 4

1 Like

IF you’ve never played either i can see people jumping to 4.

For me I only plan on playing 3. I’ve played and beaten 4 on Vita and don’t really need to play it again. Althogh in the future i might do another speed run for achievements or something.

2 Likes

the music in persona 4 golden is incredible

1 Like

This guys salt is real. Literally bitching about yakuza LAD having 3 month exckusivity deal saying who does it benifit?

Delusion.

3 Likes

I seen Reddit is angry about it and saying Xbox paid for next gen block. Plus they’re saying Sega is anti PS5

1 Like

just started P3P, the opening is a bit slow and dull isn’t it?

lol

1 Like

Nothing compared to P5

But yea, I played P3 back years ago but only played for the first 10 hours or so but im planning on starting again now it’s on GP

The intro is definitely a little slow and dull until you finally get to the actual gameplay

1 Like

Just started P3P, the fact that our characters shoot themselves in the head to use Persona is pretty weird.

But overall liking the music in the background, and I’m planning to use a guide to get 100% first playthrough with female mc. Before playing as the male mc.

1 Like

You can buy P3P and P4G separately or as a double pack, is there a difference? Like is the double pack treated as a “single sku” or is it just the two separate games sold together?

“It’s just business” :parrot:

5 Likes

It’s the 2 games with a 2$ discount. No difference.

2 Likes

As far as I know, we haven’t seen any shred of evidence to support MS moneyhatting LAD or higher quality ports. It’s just inconceivable to some people that the hardware is better utilized or more convenient than on their box of choice. Not to mention the sanctimonious types who try to equate this to Sony moneyhats and the evident hypocrisy in decrying one but not the other. Never mind that we know for a fact that Sony does these deals and that the scale is different.

And of course, the distinction between paying to bring a game earlier than the intended launch date versus paying to delay a different platform’s launch date may as well be nonexistent to them. And if it’s convenient to ignore something like release dates outside of the US, you had better believe it will be ignored:

Like a Dragon had already been out for 10 months in its primary market of JP PS before the world-wide release on PS4 and Windows/Xbox. Is it really that hard to believe that the original release for everything was meant to be March 2nd 2021 but MS spent a little extra to prioritize their port so it would launch alongside their new hardware?

No, if something is better on Xbox, it has to be because of PlayStation persecution, and not because MS gave money for the deluxe experience and Sony decided it wasn’t worth the investment or because the Xbox dev tools make it easier to deploy different versions than the PS ones.

I’m not saying it’s impossible that that’s what happened but I do think it doesn’t make much sense as a business move and that it’s irresponsible to presume it and present it as fact like so many posts I’ve seen have. And what does it say about the mindset of people that they jump to “My perfect platform could never be lesser in any way so it MUST have been scummy backdoor deals.”

Uh anyway I started P3P, male route. Minato Arisato since I refuse to acknowledge Makoto Yuki. The plan is to go through P3P so the QoL stuff in P4G feels better instead of a regression the other way around. I did hear that they eventually patched in manual skill inheritance in the SMT III remake though, so it would be cool if they did that for P3P as well.

It looks better than I expected on my 1080p screens (including the Odin Lite), haven’t tried on the 4K TV yet!

5 Likes

I’m starting with P3 as well, I played and beat 4 already back on the PS2 version, but never got to the end of 3 before.

So why do they adaptations change the name of the Persona MC? Is it like a play on being able to choose whatever name you want?

When the game comes out the protagonist is typically nameless and you pick the name, but when the game gets adapted into other mediums they end up having to actually name the character. I’m guessing with manga adaptions they leave it up to the author (which is why there is sometimes multiple non-canon names floating around) but with anime adaptions they set an actual canon name for the protagonist.

1 Like

So it’s like TES, so any name I give them is official to my playthrough.(Current MC name is Relena Darlian in P3P, really can’t stop myself from using GW names sometimes.)

So far I’m only just now reaching tartarus in P3P but Junpei is giving me these vibes.

So old!

Pretty much

disco stu

The all out attack in this game has that same silliness that Ryuji’s finish has. Made that much better because it happens in the middle of the attack when one character can end up being thrown out of the dust cloud, before running in.

So I’m trying to decide if I go P3P first or golden. I loved Royale.

They are both great so there’s not really a wrong choice here but one thing to note is there are rumours of a Persona 3 remake being announced this summer. If you’re more interested in the remake possibility than P3P it might be worth playing Persona 4 now and waiting to see what happens there.

2 Likes

12 hours in for P3P and so far, I think the opening dungeon is easier in P3P than P5R. Mostly because we have a way to heal at any time while exploring, not to mention you can get better gear that you can equip right away from just fighting and the high amount of treasure chests around.

Also no boss fight gimmicks, which I love because getting Kamoshitda to not look at the party member going for the crown is annoying if you can’t do enough damage.