Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, and 5 Royale Coming to Xbox Consoles, Cloud, and PC

We’re truly the underdogs.

Some people on other websites are really salty about this. Personally though who gives a shit about not hitting 120 fps on a turn-based game lol.

1 Like

lol oh well.

Even if (iiiiiiiiiiiiffffff) they did, so what, “it’s just business”. :parrot:

4 Likes

Isn’t there supposed to be some extra steps involved in releasing a PS4 and PS5 version compared to Xbox? This wouldn’t be the first game to skip PS5.

That’s true. People always talk about how Sony is smart for doing moves that undercut the rival’s business, so frankly, MS should be allowed to do it too.

Again, I don’t think there was any moneyhatting away from PS, but you just know that 5 page thread on the other site wouldn’t even exist if it was PS5 with the enhancements and Xbox with nothing.

4 Likes

It’s all projection. PlayStation fans are so used to their overlords spending money to screw over other console players that when it (rarely) happens to them they just jump straight to conspiracy theory moneyhat territory *every time. *

4 Likes

Lmao so many salty fake persona fans on reddit. Saying they will boycott atlus. Shut the hell up you morons.

5 Likes

And theyre not even being screed here. You can still play the game. At 60fps. And at a resolution where a vita port still looks great.

4 Likes

Exactly!!

Hey this Xbox is way more competitive

Don’t know if it’s still the case but it was at one stage yeah

Does anyone know what time p4g and p3p launches? I would assume it would be midnight like p5 royal but it looks likes it’s not the case this time around.

Edit: it says on the xbox store that it launch at 4:00pm not sure if that’s worldwide or just Melbourne time

I think I’m gonna skip 3 and just jump into 4 instead.

1 Like

I’ve heard that this version of PS3 is the PSP build they’re porting over. Which according to fans is not great

Eh it’s complicated. Persona 3 originally launched on the PS2, then it got an upgraded version on the PS2 with a new epilogue section added (from what I hear it’s pretty long and not particularly fun but does add to the story). They then made a PSP port and had to simply certain elements and cut the epilogue, but they added a bunch of quality of life features that are pretty essential and the choice of a new protagonist to play. The end result is that both versions have advantages and disadvantages and there is no true “definitive edition”. Whichever one they picked there woulda been people unhappy with their choice. Overall though it’s still a great game whichever version you play, I’m just hoping the rumours of a Persona 3 remake are true so they can finally have a proper unified definitive version.

4 Likes

Why are they looking to boycott ?

I’m skipping 3 because there are rumors of a remake of 3, I don’t know if I have it in me to play a PSP game. Maybe it’d make a decent game to stream to phone when I’m bored or in bed lol.

1 Like

It’s not such a huge difference, they simplify the overworld and 3D cutscenes to a visual novel style but all of the games have visual novel elements anyway so it fits fine. The dungeons and all that are unchanged. That said, yeah I think it’s perfectly reasonable to wait and see on the remake.

1 Like

Don’t blame people waiting on 3 and jumping straight in to Golden, both games are 100+ hour investments, like Royal, and not something I can imagine people want to do only for a superior version to emerge soon thereafter.

Anyway, 4 is literally a masterpiece and IMO the best in the series - so that’s also a reason

8 Likes