Overwatch |OT| Welcome to Gold Hell!

I am fuming got dropped into Silver today because of the worst losing streak of my life. end me.

so…er… is the Anniversary event a good time to hop back in?

1 Like

Yeah, game is in super balanced state, but that doesn’t really matter in lower ranks lol. Rush is still meta to go, but every other comp can work too. From that POV, game is in the one of the best stages ever.

1 Like

Overwatch 2 Developer PvP Livestream starts soon:

2 Likes

oo

Talking about it again this morning has me more inclined to jump back in :slight_smile:

I was a bit tired, but some of the stuff I got from that :

• 5 VS 5 for PvP for now.
  • Tank role have been revised as a consequence, being more agressive and capable of acting like a brawler.
  • Some hero abilities changes with Zarya having 2 bubbles for each abilities instead of just one, Mei not being able to freeze completely a player ( but dealing more damage while slowing them down ), and Winston having kind of medium-range shot with his gun.
  • There will also be an indication in the UI about which hero you are healing when you play healer.
  • Passive attributes for each roles with all healers being able to heal themselves ( with Mercy having even more of a boost there ), DPS units moving quicker and tanks having more resistance.
  • Something they are thinking about, but not yet being done is maybe removing counter moves for some heros like flash bang for McCree ( while giving him another ability )as an example.
  • 5 maps unveiled in total : New-York, Rome, Toronto, Lucio’s home and Monte-Carlo in Monaco
  • A new hero design for Torbjörn
  • New textures and details also will apply to old skins

Edit : the new sound design for the weapons is just awesome !

1 Like

Lot of info, didn’t expect that from the livestream.

Not feeling 5v5 yet, who knows, maybe it will work nicely.

New maps are gorgeous, plus a lot of side/vertical variety. And Push mode looks interesting, like mobile Control.

1 Like
1 Like

Right direction. Moira is now “support” worthy. Her get out of jail save team skill card, like Ana’s sleep dart. Support lost shields and peeling due to reworks and 5v5, they deserve more buffs and reworks to address that.

1 Like

Hey all, does the OW2 beta have the old ‘Play vs Ai’ option? Tried googling around and couldn’t find if it does or not.

You can create a custom game and add AI

1 Like

What? That’s crazy rework.

It’s a bit crazy seeing its best potential in experimental situations but the reality is it’s just something you’ll have to be mindful of during play, like sleep dart and Bap’s immortality field.

I think at one point they did an experiment with Zarya, like she could project bubble on all the teamates within the certain radius.

Damn this is :fire: but it’s only purchasable with OWL tokens, a skin is $10 :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Just watch ongoing OWL Midseason Madness Tournament. Even Encore premiere of the games gives you tokens. I just leave YouTube in one tab to ‘watch’ for few hours and tokens are granted (just connect your Blizz account with YT).

Also OWL tournament so far is amazing.

1 Like

Big queue lines to go to the start menu, linking your account doesn’t trigger at first, but it’s good to be back !!

I like the new feeling of the game ! 5v5 is more hectic and fun.

And the game looks great on SX. HDR is pretty nice, total opposite of the beta.

Not sure about the battlepass yet. It feels a bit time consuming.

I’m 25 hours into not being able to login once, pretty frustrating after being snubbed on the review side of things. Can’t even try and get a review out quickly post launch.

2 Likes

I tried earlier in the day and played a few matches. Now, it takes 10 min to get to the menu…and I can’t get into a game.

Frustrating but that was expected. You probably should try at odd hours like early in the morning or noon. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

2 Likes

Overwatch 2 Launch Status Update - Announcements - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

removing SMS requirements for anyone that has played since June of 2021 and then went into depth explaining why the servers have been down

1 Like