OT - Only Soccer Fans brought to you by Uber Eats

Soooo… does someone in here play FIFA?

I played my last few matches today on FIFA 20 since tomorrow the FIFA 21 trial will be available on EA Play. After this goal my opponent left the match and I decided it would be my swan song:

To stay on topic: busy day tomorrow for me! Liverpool x Arsenal in the afternoon, and then at night Santos plays against Olimpia in the Copa Libertadores!

I knew Arsenal would win man. We have an allergy to the League Cup

Manchester United losing 6-1 at home :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@DannyEight would have enjoyed that one :soccer:

Today’s game was super humbling. I think it will galvanize Liverpool moving forward. I have faith and hope. let’s see

1 Like

What a hilarious weekend of football. United losing 6-1, Liverpool losing 7-2, the shitshow Napoli pulled in an attempt not having to play against Juventus when missing 2 players, that wild finish between Inter and Lazio, Lewandoski scoring 4 goals for a 4-3 Bayern win… quality banter all around.

1 Like

That was glorious :rofl: I hope it’s a case of us being alot better than Utd being shit, and it was just as much fun watching Liverpool getting wrecked by a promoted team :sweat_smile:

1 Like

As a lifelong Arsenal fan, I can let you all know that this season is shaping up to be the most boring I have seen since the mid 90s (for Arsenal).

Arteta’s tactic of having two shots per match and defending for the rest of the game is making my eyes bleed.

we really lack creativity in the midfield, but we are getting results. Also getting partey is massive and will most likely allow us to move Ceballos up the pitch. I do feel we will get better results if Aubameyang central and use Pepe and Saka on the wings. It will be interesting to see what Arteta does with our front 3

I admire your optimism. I really hope that we stop playing five defenders and two deep lying midfielders. Waiting for Xhaka and Luiz to play long balls for Aubameyang to chase against ‘bottom half of the table’ teams is not compelling viewing. I’d be interested to see Saka moved infield gradually, he can find great gaps with his passing when he is interested.

1 Like

He’s the brother of Katara from Avatar

1 Like

Well, in a few hours there might be an announcement that Robinho is coming back to Santos.

I’m not really sure how to feel. This man is responsible for winning our first league title in 34 years. At the same time, he is convicted of rape in Italy…

Here is a video of a 18-years old Robinho dribbling his way into a penalty in the first leg of the league finals in 2002.

It’s kind of like that age-old question of whether you can enjoy the movies of an actor who’s been convicted. e.g. House of Cards is one of my favourite shows but I asked myself if I can still enjoy it after Kevin Spacey was convicted. I suppose if you yourself can separate the art from the artist then you can. However, in football, I understand it’s much more than that. In Fiji, we have a rugby player who was convicted an in jail but the national team allowed him to still come from prison and train with them and go for matches. People were, and still are, furious. This anger was exacerbated by the fact that some people were justifying his actions saying he’s a huge rugby star, which girl wouldn’t wanna do stuff with him. It’s an awful mentality. truth is that we can be morally sound and denounce such people but most of the masses do not care simply because they haven’t been directly affected. but I digress.

If Jordan Pickford is here for some godamn reason, I’d like to have a word with him. VVD being sidelined for the rest of the season for Liverpool could have the same impact as Laporte being sidelined and costing the season for MCFC

/AddUserToIgnoreList :wink:

I’m really hoping this the year someone knocks you lot of the top. Hopefully with Pirlo coming in he takes a minute to settle and us, Milan, Napoli, Roma (lol) or most realistically, Atalanta can push for the full season.

Hope Van Dijk makes it to the European Championship in 2021.

If Man City pick up form I’d expect them to pip Liverpool to the title this year, VVD is crucial to Liverpool and an Everton player has just cost them the league.

Yeah, that’s definitely a tough situation. As expected Robinho was announced and there was bad press all over it. For over seven years almost no one talked about the case in Brazil, but as soon as he was announced details of the case started to surface – and it was worse than I thought. Sponsors threatened to terminate the contracts if he was kept part of the team. Bottom line: his signing was suspended.

It’s been hard to support Santos. We finally paid our debts with Hamburg, which lifted our transfer ban. But we are on the verge of a new transfer ban because we didn’t pay for the Soteldo transfer back in 2019. All these international signings were made using foreign currencies, and since our currency devaluated a lot over the past couple of years our debts skyrocketed.

Meanwhile, somehow we are 5th in the league and went through the Libertadores group stage with 5 wins and 1 draw – all by using our youth players. Yesterday’s Marcos Leonardo scored the winner goal against Defense y Justicia, making him the 6th youngest player to ever score in the Copa Libertadores at 17 years, 5 months and 18 days. Rodrygo is the 2nd in the ranking at 17 years, 2 months and 6 days. Gotta love our youth.

Talking about Liverpool: what an awful past week. The Everton game was disheartening. Those millimetric offsides, Pickford and Richarlison’s tackles, the bitter taste of the result itself… I’m looking forward for today’s game, though.

What was the deal with Hamburg? I never heard of it unfortunately. You reckon Leornado will be poached by a European giant soon or Santos would just sell him to recoup debt?

On Liverpool side, yeah i have a searing anger towards Pickford right now. At least Richarlison got a ban. Pickford got away Scott free and the ref said he didn’t know he could card Pickford. Like bro, that’s what you’re paid to do.

Today’s game was underwhelming. I mean Fabinho is so amazing at the back but I can’t help but feel like our front 3 jsut isn’t firing on all cylinders. Especially bobby.

Group B looked like a cake walk for Real Madrid and Inter, but Real Madrid debuting with a loss at home against Shaktar and Inter barely managing a tie against Monchengladbach is putting some spice into proceedings.

Ajax should’ve scored against Liverpool.