No Genshin Impact on Xbox

Yes, bring on actual substantive games of all stripes from every provenance! Like I posted upthread, I’ve heard that the gambling in Genshin Impact is not necessary to enjoy and beat the game, which is apparently quite good. I’ve also heard that the gambling system is particularly scummy and greedy.

I wouldn’t presume to gatekeep stuff even if I could (outside of creepy sex stuff like what @MasterLeePhD suggested) because something that isn’t for me could be right up someone else’s alley.

I feel like it’ll probably come at some point.

Not really sympathising in any way but it’s just fucking hilarious to me seeing so many people talking about how this game is Chinese censorship (which every single game there has to naturally abide by the laws, it just sucks that the laws themselves are bad but the studio can’t literally break the law so I don’t get why that’s being held against them) yet ask for Phil Spencer to call up Game Science and make Black Myth Wukong an Xbox exclusive. Why pretend that game won’t have to walk on thin ropes as well when it comes to what it can portray? Its just that that game looks dope and Xbox folks don’t wanna miss out. Well Xbox is missing out on this game for no reason, leaving so much money AND marketshare on the table. It’s yet another reason people who wanna play this on console shall be pushed towards playstation.

Also y’all realize Xbox just recently partnered with EA, you know, the publisher who’s practices got entire governments involved? You telling me Xbox isn’t happy to cash in that 30% of fifa lootbox money? Gambling bs is gambling bs across the board, it having a footballers face and some stats isn’t automatically different.

Not having Genshin Impact on Xbox is not a win by any sense, and efforts need to be made to make the platform less favorable to skip moving forward.

I played Genshin Impact for a few hours and it’s decent, the gacha hadn’t gotten deep enough yet but it was surprisingly very polished and fun outside the obvious comparisons to BotW. I suspect it gets severe on the gacha down the line but the game is literally a gacha game at its core, so it’s obviously still gonna operate on scummy gambling bs at some level.

3 Likes

Listened to the Bombcast this week, Jeff Gertsmann likes this game and he hates everything. That’s all I need to know. It needs to be on Xbox.

Played this on PS4 it’s a fun diversion. Really want a switch version though.

There is a Switch version coming - no date yet …

Just finished listening to the latest Bombcast and now feel like I should just dive in and give it a shot. Fomo got me by the baws.

Good. Blatant plagiarism should have no place anywhere really.

Oh stop

Just downloaded this on my PS4 to check it out, after seeing the good reviews.

Always makes me a little sad to see the headline “Japanese game XYZ releasing for PS4/PC/Switch.” I don’t know that it’s even possible for an Xbox console to regain Japanese mindshare at this point, but it would be nice.

I am enjoying the game on my phone. Especially since it doesn’t really cost anything. Would love to play on a bigger screen eventually so guess will have to wait for my new PC build

It did sell well though, 55million is still a healthy user base, it is the 14th best selling console of all time, it even out sold the original NES. Games sell very well on the X1.

Not the JRPG’s, which is why Genshin Impact isn’t on Xbox One. The developers said in interview that there just isn’t a reason to take all the time to port it. Too bad, because it sounds like an excuse to me.

The game is free to play though?

Also it being like BOTW will give it western allure.

I’m not going to lose sleep over a F2p Mobile gacha games not coming out on Xbox, they can keep that crap far away from the console for all I care. It’s this months flavor of the week woppdee doo

I think the leadership at Xbox has something against lolis.

It’s literally not about you tho, it’s about the platform losing out on something very big at the moment for no goddamn reason other than actually being historically abysmal with Asian games this generation. It keeps feeding into the idea that if you want these Japanese styled games (even though it’s Chinese, the BOTW inspirations are palpable), then Xbox is NOT the platform for you to get into, might as well get playstation instead, while it gives those already in that ecosystem even less incentive to leave it.

3 Likes

Their is nothing we can do about it, not something I’m going to lose sleep over

Not to mention, his downplaying of what the game is is quite childish.

I’m pretty sure Neir Automata did fairly well on it, even the remake is coming to the console. Good jrpg’s will do just fine one the console. But in order for the audience to be there the games must be there. That said i am more upset at Xbox not getting games like 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim, and Guilty Gear Strive than i am any Gacha games. Hopefully this gen these games will stop skipping the console.