No Genshin Impact on Xbox

REALITY CHECK: The Xbox One has sold over 50 million units. This is sizeable install base even if it isn’t as much as the PS4. The install base size isn’t keeping these games from Xbox, it’s the belief from devs that Xbox players won’t play (pay for the games). That’s obviously not true, as demonstrated by gamepass, xbox players have varied interests as gamers as on any platform.

This isn’t a install base issue, but a perception issue. devs believe that xbox players simply don’t care for their games even if it’s blatantly false.

And think it doesn’t need to be said that MS isn’t going to write a check to every dev/pub who thinks just to get the game in xbox.

Somebody here (I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten your name) has told me that the new GDK lets you develop for PC, XBO, and XBS. Hopefully, this means that more games will find their way on Xbox through PC.

The original NieR was on the 360! Can’t wait to play the remake when it comes out.

1 Like

I would kill for 13 Sentinels - going to have to play that on PS4. Also, Nier is WAY more of an action game than an RPG

This sucks that it’s not coming, I would’ve definitely given it a try on Xbox otherwise.

Not Japanese. But Sony is making PlayStation the de facto platform for Chinese developers with its China Hero Project and other outreach efforts in the region, Microsoft and Nintendo need to step up their involvement there or get left behind as Chinese console lead developers become more and more prominent worldwide

The assumption is borne out in sales figures but I think it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. You all better play DQ11S!

1 Like