Nintendo Switch OLED announced

Probably.

It wouldn’t shock me for Nintendo to completely pivot due to the global supply chain shortages but if they told any developers about improved specs and now have to renege on that… that’s messed up. If that happened then you’ll definitely hear an article from someone like Schreier.

As far as I have seen it’s the same battery life, I think?

2 Likes

Not a Switch player so this doesn’t affect me but I admit to being intrigued by the insider aspect of the story. Wasn’t this considered an open secret basically? A ton of quote-unquote insiders had this wrong, right?

I mean maybe, but this is still a fucking stupid, lazy upgrade

I’m fully expecting insiders to say that all those leaks we’re about Nintendo’s next console.

:thinking:

This model is for anyone who doesn’t own a Switch. If a new more powerful model was announced I would’ve bought that but now I won’t, more money to spend on games instead of HW sounds good to me.

Ignoring Nintendo since 1996 huh? oh boy…you missed on some classics or what. :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t know Apple acquired Nintendo? Who the hell in the right mind is actually gonna get that OLED one?

I think they have the pro in the works, because there is no way that 720p 30fps will be accepted for 3 more years lmfao

Yes, they all hyped the Nintendo fanbase into a frenzy with DLSS, 4k, …

Could be many reasons for this:

1. they have no clue what they are talking about
  2. the mixed up information about the OLED Switch and Nintendos next hardware generation
  3. Nintendo used these rumors to weed out leaky employees

I believe its number 1, everyone familiar with Nintendo knows they always do the bare minimum hardware wise. DLSS, 4k is not compatible with their modus operandi. And this is at least the 3rd time this rumor clowning is happening (WiiU, Switch, Switch Pro)

2 Likes

For the most part. I have completed only 10 Nintendo published games since 1996.

• Pokemon Puzzle League
  • Dr Mario 64
  • Mario Tennis
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Super Mario Bros. Wii *
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns *
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch) *
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe *
  • Ultimate Alliance 3 *
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

The five games with the asterisk are games that I didn’t even need to play to be honest. The non-Nintendo games were Winback (N64), REmake (GCN) and Kingdom Battle (Switch). So a total of 13 games. 10 from Nintendo.

The ignoring part comes from me just not caring to where I want to get invested. Nintendo just doesn’t do it for me for the most part. And if you notice, the major games aren’t on the list because I have zero interest in them.

So ignoring is probably too strong of a word in general but compared to Sony/Microsoft, ignoring is accurate for me. lol

I’ll rather wait till 2023 for the Super Nintendo Switch if it’s revealed.

1 Like

Yay, Joy-Con drift roulette!

5 Likes

Screen, kickstand and memory capacity all big improvements, and the dock should always have had ethernet but it’s good they added it. Would be a no brainer for someone buying for the first time, but for a console this old how big of a market is that?

Not enough for me to consider buying when I already have a Switch. Hope there still is a Switch Pro or Super Switch coming, as if this is what all the rumours were about, it’s pretty disappointing.

1 Like

Lol does the left hand know what the right hand is doing over there? Didn’t they just post an op-ed defending the lack of 4K?

Op-eds are opinions and companies are made up of several people with several opinions. So… meh.

This way their bases are covered and they get clicks from every side.

1 Like

That’s fair but I doubt it’s all that hard to find two writers with two different opinions within a largish company.