Nintendo Switch OLED announced

Nintendo got to milk their users for everything they’ve got…

E5noGsJWEBMZSNM

Insiders in damage control mode

8 Likes

Was expecting more of an upgrade or refresh. If I was in the market for a new Nintendo Switch and didn’t already have one I’d go for the model with the OLED but I personally don’t see much incentive to pick this up if you already own the original. I’m disappointed.

1 Like

Well, at least I dont need to worry about buying one of those.

1 Like
6 Likes

I like Nintendo’s IP, but man they just hose over their customers with crappy hardware choices and poor platform services.

An underwhelming reveal, especially for those of us who primarily (or entirely) play in docked mode. Hopefully, a more meaningful upgrade is still in the cards; if not, well… it is what it is.

Nintendo, just like Sony, know that whatever they do, their fans will go out and buy everything they do.

“guys! guys! We have an ethernet port! Time to buy the same shit again!” -Nintendofans.

6 Likes

So Joy-Con drift has been fixed or…?

1 Like

lmfaooo

The only Switch Pro we getting is the continually evolving Yuzu emulator on PC, get with the times. :smirk:

4 Likes

I have just pre-ordered this, but I am not sure why I did that.

I hate capitalism :frowning:

He miswrote I think. It should be this -

Bloomberg’s ‘excellent’ Asia team

:rofl:

2 Likes

Being mad at Nintendo is also not wrong.

Isn’t that the right thing in this case. Just more minor updates on an old console.

Gary thinks the insiders have inflated expectations, but surely for 2021 you have to do better than this.

$50 stealth upgrade for what after 5 years smh

Nintendo is actually the worst at gouging their consumers

1 Like
3 Likes

OLED screen but no 4K or DLSS? Honestly, WTF is the point? This is why im so happy that im not a Nintendo fan and can continue to ignore them like I have since 1996. Whenever I think they might do something awesome for me, they fail. lmao. Oh well.

For anyone who ends up buying this OLED Switch, I hope you enjoy it!!!

1 Like

Beginning to think tegra 1 architecture was limited big time from the start.

We can get mad at both, for the insiders fake stuff and for Nintendo’s greed.

2 Likes

More battery and better picture quality

This upgrade seems ok to me

But offcourse - go enrage

It’s a fine upgrade for a 4 year old console anyways