Nintendo Switch OLED announced

Fair enough. If I was the EIC I’d want the website to present a coherent stance so it doesn’t come off like just a collection of people blogging their thoughts. Just my $0.02 though.

hope they fixed the joycon drifting issues

Nintendo has its own defence force - and most of them are in the media.

1 Like

:rofl:

Well, at least I don’t have to set aside money for both a Series X and a Switch Pro this year.

2 Likes

We have a Switch hooked up to the TV that has never been used as a portable screen (beyond the initial day 1 setup that requires using the screen). Seriously it never leaves the dock. Nintendo should make a box version of their next console for people like me.

It wasn’t their Asia team that screwed this up, it was Schreier. The reporting from said Asia team was spot on, but Schreier conflated that info with the purported rumors of a Super Switch with DLSS.

3 Likes

Possible. He just smartly passed the blame to the Asia team. Jason ‘passer of buck’ Schrier.

2 Likes

Nintendo switch Joy cons still be like

Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

3 Likes

And ironically Nintendo won’t even make a new Donkey Kong game.

“Nintendo what made you release a new switch but with the only different thing being the OLED screen?”

Spongebob Squarepants Money GIF

1 Like

Switch may not NEED 4K, but it should be able to output 4K with the real next iteration (not this small update) especially upscaled whether that’s DLSS or not.

I think even more important should be HDR both on the handheld and on the TV. Nintendo games in HDR would be beautiful and it’s a shame they haven’t pushed for that.

I know Nintendo is slow to adopt and they don’t “need” much to get by technically, but it would be nice.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you rely on hardware to generate a profit, they will eventually skim every possible angle to increase profitability.

With all the good will that Xbox has built up, they could launch a switch competitor and do seriously well.

1 Like

All those people on Resetera saying this would be close in power to the Series S… Yikes…

5 Likes

Wait so they did nothing to the specs and just put a OLED screen lol

1 Like

upped the storage a bit, but yeah. just the OLED change and some other hardware changes (wider kickstand, speakers, ethernet port). That’s it.

Wow what a bummer if Xbox or Playstation did this they would get roasted alive but since it everybody favorite Nintendo they get a huge pass.

1 Like

Sorry but even as a person who throws their money away on Nintendo products, this thing is a complete scam at that price

9 Likes

This will surely sell out. At the same time, this product is not for me at all. I mainly use Switch on the TV nowadays, and the only meaningful upgrade for that is… the Ethernet port. No GPU changes, no CPU changes, no RAM changes, nothing. I was in the market for a “Switch Pro” because Animal Crossing in particular runs horrible, but looks like this will continue for a while.

For how amazing some of their games are, they sure don’t bother with the general consumer experience much.