New Witcher game announced (first in a new saga, Unreal Engine 5)

Everyone with Elder Blood is OP. Alvin used his power, aged like 30 years and lost against Gerald. It’s still possible to make a “normal” RPG.

So Geralt might eventually return or more likely Ciri in a actual Witcher 4? A game exclusive to one storefront, he means Epic or Steam stores with that?

I guess. I wish they would have done a standalone Ciri Witcher game because after playing a few quests with her in The Witcher 3 and how the game ends, I want a full game with her as the playable protagonist.

Game is 5+ years away minimum so just have to wait and see. If anything, I wish CDPR wouldn’t have announced it this far out as now, they’ll have millions of people bugging them about it.

There wont be a Witcher 4 . Its a completely new Saga .

2 Likes

I hope neither return. Their stories are pretty much finished.

1 Like

Gerald :smirk: is a legendary character. Won’t be the same without him. Unless they find a way to tell a story with your player created character.

Oh ok, I thought he meant this is more like a spin-off, without saying it is and that this could mean a Witcher 4 eventually. My bad.

Customizable boob and penis sizes, or I’m out

1 Like

There’s a character that I hope we see again and I’d be surprised if we don’t since he doesn’t have anything to do with the original trilogy’s story, Gaunter O’Dimm, he was such a great character in Hearts of stone and knowing CDPR he’ll probably appear in some random side quest that starts like nothing major but ends being one of the best in the game, they’re very good at this, I really hope that Cyberpunk gets an expansion like that, there’s a side quest in particular that seemed to hint at something major in Cyberpunk.

2 Likes

Yes, yes , yes!

Hearts of Stone is just so damn good. I know people go all wild over Blood and Wine and I can’t judge it yet, waiting for XSX patch now, but HoS is fantastic.

1 Like

I’m waiting for that Series X patch to play through the entire game again, cannot wait!! Yeah Hearts of stone to this day is still the most memorable expansion I’ve played, Blood and wine was great too bu Hearts of stone was just good and had some extremely creepy moments that turned the game into a horror game lol.

1 Like

So many things scrapped, redone, then hacked for their REDEngine. Interesting read from a former CDPR Dev, so check out the other posts too.

3 Likes

It makes the amount of work they’re investing into Red even stranger. Patch 1.5 for Cyberpunk, as I understand it, was an effort to rework systems from scratch and they’re not done yet. Then there’s upcoming multiplayer integration, too.

1 Like

I notice the developer is replying to Alex of DF who, along with John, have been really lamenting the engine change. I can understand it, as the engine on the surface is really impressive, but the more you dig the more you realise that the Red engine was a pain in the ass, and I don’t think they are looking at it from that point of view.

Put it this way, CDPR wouldn’t have made this decision without a good reason.

1 Like

That whole thread is pretty interesting, any reasonable person, IMO, reads what went down and says, “Yep, good call”.

1 Like

Shame They wasted so much time on Cyberpunk. IT was a good game but its no way near the level of a Witcher

I feel like they went to ambitious with 2077. SHould have been a straight up smaller scale Cybperpunk game with more vertical level design as opposed to a huge GTA style sandbox.

1 Like

insane to do it this way. if this is the alternative, using UE5 is clearly the better choice.

1 Like

way too many visual bugs in cyberpunk for it to be “the best looking open world game” lol. df is definitely biased towards this game.

Wasn’t sure about the dropping of Red Engine at first, but I understand the decision after reading up. Seems like Cyberpunk was the last straw. Hopefully new games (including a future Cyberpunk entry) will not have such tortured development from now on.

As for the new Witcher saga… go Mass Effect style, do a trilogy, let us create our own character & carry them forward into each new entry. Do it CDPR…

do it

It is in fact a Lynx amulet!

1 Like