New Redfall trailer shows brand new gameplay, story, and exploration

I’m pretty sure you pick a character at the start of the game and you are that character for the entire playthrough. There’s no swapping. It’s like Borderlands. To play as other characters, I think you will need to either start a new playthrough or join a friend’s game.

While mission progress is only saved for the host, character progress (loot, level, skills etc.) persists across all playthroughs. But that’s not an issue for you if you play solo.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you pick a character at the start of the game and you are that character for the entire playthrough.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll probably give co-op a go afterwards to try out the other characters

More games need to utilize an actual map.

Thank you Redfall & Sea of Thieves.

4 Likes

It looks amazing. I love the atmosphere and the bizarre take on vampires.

I really hope the gunplay is good. It’s hard to tell from the videos. I like the weapons design and powers.

I don’t want to see too much. I feel spoiled already.

5 Likes

I’ve said this before, Arkane is my favourite dev and I’ve loved everything they have done. That said, this game feels like a step down from what they have done in the past and I hope that changes for me when I get it in my hands. The characters to me are what are really letting me down. They feel too….comical? I don’t know how to describe it. Gunplay also doesn’t look too good but again, that can change once I get it in my hands. The hype around this game is weird. This is the only place I’ve seen any interest in it everywhere else seems pretty Luke warm, although the world does have a PlayStation bias lol. I think the game will do fine but like most Arkane games, a limited audience. Gamepass will help greatly.

On the point of people not being able to let go of things they heard in the past etc, the trailers for this game set the vibe so wrong and does it such an injustice from the gameplay videos. Like someone else said it’s like 2 different games. It’s so odd.

Sounds like YOU are the one miffed that the game isn’t what you want it to be. Really wish people would just speak for themselves, instead of saying verifiably false stuff like “only here are people excited about the game”.

3 Likes

Everywhere else people seem apprehensive about this game. Lots of people say they want to be excited but it doesn’t feel right for them. From Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Twitter etc. most here are super optimistic about it, everywhere else seems less so.

Am I miffed that it’s not what I want to be, I mean I already kind of said it. This video did a bit more to sell it to me but I’m still not sold, it’s dissapointing but not everything is for me.

I don’t know what you have been reading, but majority of impressions online I see are positive.

5 Likes

Metro: Exodus did a great job with it, so I’m glad to see Redfall following suit. It makes sense for an Arkane open world.

4 Likes

Half of the scepticism is because it’s an Xbox game. Expect the same from here on out.

3 Likes

I get annoyed by the people who are still like “I don’t know what kind of game it is” and using that to talk shit. At this point we know exactly what kind of game it is. We’ve been shown and told. People are just willfully ignoring the information out there now.

People were like “it’s Left 4 Dead” even though Phil said it was open world before we even saw the first trailer. On what fucking planet is L4D open world?!

3 Likes

Perhaps a stupid question but if you play solo do you have the other three characters with you as AI or are you absolutely ‘solo’?

You are completely solo. There are no AI teammates. That’s another way it’s not like Left 4 Dead.

1 Like

Thanks that’s cool. Can I play solo then have my friends jump in for a bit or is it all one thing or another? If I am truly solo and it’s also drop in and out that would be great.

I’m pretty sure it’s drop in/drop out, so in theory, yes, you could be playing solo and your friends could join and then leave. But I’m not 100% sure.

This might be one of the reasons for always online.

to be fair the first cgi trailer was awful :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds good. No way will we be able to coordinate for the whole campaign but will be good to have a mix. Goof around with some friends then do bits solo is my ideal. I’m glad you don’t have AI companions as that always ruins immersion for me in games like this. It’s ok in a left for dead clear this run sort of game but annoying in open world.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s lots of options for how to play. I’m planning to have a solo playthrough as one character and then join different friend’s games as the other characters.

3 Likes

Always weird to me when I see posts that start out praising Arcane and how good their games are and how big a fan the poster supposedly is of them, then go on to shit on this game (that they haven’t even played) in the latter half of the post.

1 Like

Right. Anyone who’s played Prey and especially Mooncrash can see the Arkane DNA in Redfall pretty definitively.

1 Like