New Redfall trailer shows brand new gameplay, story, and exploration

Art is fantastic. Will play solo. Cant wait to get lost in that world.

4 Likes

I am super hyped for this one, and I love the world that they built here.

Not a fan of the graphic style, humour etc , or the fact that the character always look so small to me? XD

But iā€™ve been missing a good coop experience, so this is my kind of game, and up to 4 persons, and the game having difficulty modes, i missed that in Deathloop.

Iā€™m sure i will enjoy it, and hope people likes it too, doesnā€™t matter what people on forums say, we need more coop experiences.

1 Like

I genuinely donā€™t get any negativity towards this at all. It looks and sounds absolutely amazing. I love the art style. This would be a turn off if they didnā€™t go for the cartoony stylised look. Much prefer how this is to some ultra real over the top horror thing.

At this point I think the only negativity comes from people who have zero intention of ever playing the game or owning the platforms it is on. Can imagine this will be BIG with streamers. It just screams a big stream game and huge player counts.

1 Like

At the start I gave some people the benefit of the doubt

If the game/art style or whatever ainā€™t doing it for you fine but it feels like every other day people were trying to find new things to get mad about

Like they are trying to convince themselves more than anything else

1 Like

I just love how a false rumour about no discs in the physical copies demonstrated this beyond doubt. It was the mask slip moment!

Wether you like the artstyle or not is highly subjective though, so those criticisms are fine. Iā€™m not sold on it for example. Itā€™s not so much that it has to be realistic, I just donā€™t like it. It looks a bit plastic and coupled with the silly attitudes in trailers itā€™s not my thing.

And Iā€™m still going to play this day one, and I think itā€™ll be a great game. Iā€™m in it for the singleplayer, immersion is important to me and when you cut out the bs this looks awesome. Playing alone and in first person I donā€™t have to see any of the characters either haha.

5 Likes

When you see the discussion around the game focuses a lot on the artstyleā€¦ yeah you may like it or not but at certain point it looks like you just want something negative to say about the game. Gameplay is going to rule, and this one looks like it has a ton of potential.

1 Like

I mean it looks generic to me but Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be the complete opposite when we have it in our hands.

Thereā€™s a reason why Arkane games havenā€™t been popular with the mainstream audience. Even Deathloop that had the full Sony marketing machine behind it couldnā€™t generate excitement/hype from gamers.

Redfall has the secret sauce though, and thatā€™s being available on gamepass on day 1.

2 Likes

Same here. Have 0 interest in the coop.

1 Like
4 Likes

Gaming forums are all about single player experiences, cinematic and AAA if possible, this is a fact, i think most of us are 30+ persons that grew up with these games, and during PS3-PS4 era, the most succesful console (outside of Nintendo which is another world) was based on that kind of games.

Everytime i see a coop experience or a multiplayer one announced, i see people almost insulting it without giving it a chance, itā€™s sad, but it doesnā€™t affect the real world luckily where coop games are getting more and more succesful thank god.

I think and i hope this will change once Sony start releasing their GaaS and coop games, many people will give their first chance to that kind of games and iā€™m sure a lot will change their mind.

This said, as i wrote before, this game could look better, the night and vampire setting i am sure would fit better with a more realistic and scary graphic style, and i think itā€™d help their sales a lot to be honest since people would look at it with different eyes, but at the same time i know i will enjoy it, not sure if itā€™ll be just a good game or a veeery good one, but i will enjoy my time with my friends there.

2 Likes

The more ā€˜weirdā€™ stuff im starting to see(dollhouse level, psychic worlds, tide pushed back) The more im starting to get excited about exploring this world.

4 Likes

Yeah, canā€™t wait to explore this. Also, with all the different locations weā€™ve seen, this game has got to be pretty big?

6 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

Gaming forums tend to live in their own bubble anyway. Looking at the most successful games on consoles and PC now, none of them are single player, ā€œcinematicā€ , or have ā€œrealisticā€ graphics (well with the exception of COD.) Minecraft, Roblox , Fortnite etc.

As you implied itā€™s more PS/4 controlling the narrative now. Itā€™s a complete 180 from the 360 gen where co op/MP was pretty much expected for the most part.

As for this game itā€™s looking great from what theyā€™ve shown and I am glad they went with stylization rather than a ā€œphotorealisticā€ look. Thereā€™s only but so much you can do with realism and most of these AAA games start to look the same to me.

Iā€™ve been gaming since the late 80ā€™s and I sort of donā€™t get this idea that all these older gamers have grown up on ā€˜cinematic AAA single player experiencesā€™. I mean the games that everyone talked about in my early days were Sonic, Mario, Lemmings, point and click stuff.

So yeah single player. Iā€™m not sure any were cinematic and all focussed heavily on gameplay over story (apart from the point and click games in some cases).

Then in the 90ā€™s it was all Unreal Tournament, Doom, Quake, LAN parties - I donā€™t remember this mad fuss about ā€˜cinematic gamesā€™ that people were talking about. Yes there were single player games but it was more - do you like FPS, RPG - rather than this sort of ā€˜oooo I play single player cinematic gamesā€™.

I donā€™t really remember any of this entering the discourse until the last of us. And then you had all these older gaming pseuds writing articles about how its ā€˜changed what gaming meansā€™. Which was a nonsense. But there we go.

I think its a pretty modern phenomena.

I enjoy gamified games that reward your skill and are about improvement. I like numbers going up, skill feeling cool and gaining levels and power and abilities. I also enjoy just pure skill games where your ability goes up as you gain experience of the game and develop skills (real life experience and skills not in game). Thatā€™s how Iā€™ve always been with gaming. I donā€™t know a single person who is my age in the UK who says ā€˜oh I want a single player AAA third person cinematic gameā€™ - like if anyone talks about games its racing games, mario kart, FIFA, Fortnite/COD, simulators, general online FPS. In real life that is.

I sometimes feel that the generation Iā€™m in is missed out in gaming discourse because people ignore the 90ā€™s and what happened in gaming and the people who grew up with the start of connectivity, competitive gaming, LAN parties and massive growth in skill based gaming.

4 Likes

Redfall looks so fucking good. The Austin team doesnā€™t miss.

Photorealistic is just not what Arkane does. Anyone expecting that from them is being unrealistic or hasnā€™t seen or played their previous games.

7 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to playing this. Iā€™ll play solo because I donā€™t like rushing through the story with a team, but rather take my time and enjoy all the detail that arcane always put into their games. Iā€™ll maybe try co op after Iā€™ve finished it. One question that Iā€™ve not seen answered is, if playing solo do you just play as one character the whole game or can I switch between missions? Maybe Iā€™ve missed it, but Iā€™ve not seen it discussed.