Movies and TV shows thread

I would absolutely love to see it picked up for another 3 seasons on Netflix. Warrior is one of those series that is on my rewatch list, even after watching each episode twice when it was released.

Currently I am midway through a season 2 of rewatching an older series called Banshee. Its on HBO Max, at least in the US. Equal parts NSFW and scheming criminal violence.

1 Like

Been watching some great Korean stuff on Netflix lately. Got up to date with Sweet Home, season 1 remains so good. 2 is good too, just not as good.

Now almost done with Bloodhounds season 1 and it’s awesome. Korea keeps coming with awesome stuff!

1 Like

Korean TV is the best! It’s not as predictable as western TV and it feels more honest with it’s concept (many western shows feel like they’ve been watered down).

2 Likes

Very, very true. It’s very humane, realistic.

Got any recommendations? :slight_smile:

I mean I was aware of how amazing Korean cinema is, after I watched Oldboy many years ago, and then many movies I’ve watched after that. Wasn’t aware TV was so strong too.

1 Like

Ooh there’s too many! If you liked Sweet Home you’ll probably also enjoy All of us are dead, My name & Kingdom.

I have a superhero type show on my backlog called “Moving,” which I’m looking forward to. There’s lots of sci-fi shows which are quite good.

2 Likes

“The glory” is a good one but be warned of school bullying and other stuff. “Celebrity” which is about korean influncers more specifically instagram ones

1 Like

The Glory is pretty great, but yeah, it can be a bit heavy.

If you like more action oriented shows, Vagabond is pretty good. I tend to watch more shows of the romantic comedy variety, so if you want suggestions on those I have plenty. :smile:

1 Like

I really liked My Name.

2 Likes

i watched melodrama that i expects the trope from them and get surprised when it doesn’t happen the way i expected to lol

1 Like

I have yet to see My name and Kingdom. I believe both are on Netflix, so…great! I really enjoyed All of us are Dead.

Oh I don’t mind that, especially when it’s time for the bullied to have his moment where he’s like “enough is enough”. Speaking of which, via Reddit while talking about Bloodhounds someone recommended Weak hero Class 1 and I’ve been watching it all evening, very good!

Oh I am open minded to it all. So just throw em all here. Absolutely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Business Proposal is a fantastic show that’s a lot of fun to watch. Love to Hate You is another fun one. Her Private Life is another good show (pretty much anything with Park Min-young is going to be good). All of these are on Netflix I believe. There are a bunch more, but I’ll have to think about it and come up with a proper list. :smile:

1 Like

the glory is about a women in this case getting revenge from her high school bullies who have become very successful

1 Like

“Law school” is a good one especially for the music and you’ll know what im talking about when you watch it

“its okay that’s love” is another good one

“200 pound beauty” i like too

2 Likes

Oh, totally forgot to mention Vincenzo. It’s not a romantic comedy but it’s definitely worth watching.

Memories of the Alhambra is a fun sci-fi type show where the main character is trapped in his own AR game that can kill him. It’s surprisingly captivating. Actually, he’s not trapped, but you get the idea.

3 Likes

its funny but most of my preferred drama are ones where the main character is smart and completely dominate the antagonist by countering their moves but you wouldn’t know that from my regular list lol

Anyone checked out Masters of the Air on Apple TV yet? Think it’s from the Band of Brothers producers but following a B-17 bomber squadron. Reminds me of one of my favourite flicks growing up - Memphis Belle.

i’m waiting for it to finish so that i can watch it all at once

1 Like

Wanted to watch I saw the Devil again. Been a really long while ago.

Still so damn good, along with Oldboy the best kind of revenge movies out there, damn! Choi-min Sik is amazing as the psycho, a completely different character than he is in Oldboy, absolutely superb. God I love Korean cinema.

Although not Korean, I’d also suggest The Raid. If I could forget a film and watch it again for the first time it would always be Oldboy, even though I know what happens I still go back and watch it all the time.

Parasite is another good one if you like Oldboy.

1 Like

Oh friend, trust me when I say I’ve seen all of those. I just checked IDMB and there’s not much by these creators I haven’t seen anymore, unfortunately.

The Raid, oh man, I remember seeing that in the cinema with a friend for the first time…so fucking awesome! I really like 2 as well. I had high hopes for Iko Uwais after those.

Parasite fantastic too. Once I see that a new movie is coming by this director, I don’t even need to watch a trailer, it’s go time! :slight_smile:

1 Like