Movies and TV shows thread

Creed 3

When I saw the trailer a few weeks ago I was like meh, do we really need this at all?

But now having seen it, it’s great. I like the story, some of the fighting scenes are awesome actually, great acting all around, as expected. Really like it.

Bruh this looks Fire. I’m not a TMNT guy, but this is giving me Spiderverse vibes

1 Like

Scream VI

Just like the one last year I find it surprisingly good. But especially since it’s only a year after V I had my doubts about how good it actually would be.

Some really cool scenes too. One of these days I’m gonna watch them all. I know I’ve seen the first, but I’m very unsure whether I’ve seen 2, 3 and 4.

It wasn’t without its flaws but overall a good time for sure!

These past 2 weeks, I decided to watch all of Quentin Tarantino’s and Stanley Kubric’s movies.

Quentin Tarantino has probably become my favorite movie director. From KillBill to Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction to Django, Hateful Eight to Hollywood, every single one of his movies are beautifuly shot, well written between drama scenes and comedic scenes, incredibly acted… Some of the best movie experiences I’ve ever had.

Stanley Kubric has been polarising. They are unique and excentric, well written and well shot… but I didn’t had a great time. If one of his movies lasts 2 hours, it would feel like double that time. His movies are bad, but I didn’t enjoy myself.

1 Like

I watched the season finale of The Last of Us. Damn, this show has phenomenal acting. Pedro Pascal & Bella Ramsey deserve Academy Awards, IDGAF if it is a TV series.

I was really anticipating the hospital and how they would ‘play’ it so to speak. I was not expecting Joel to go full own Terminator. It does make sense though due to his reputation.

All in all, the season was terrific but I have one slight complaint- the pacing. It was simultaneously too quick & slow. It brushed over a large amount of tense moments in the game (which, of course, involved the infected) while adding some things that felt somewhat unnecessary (like the second episode being dedicated to how the virus came to be when it felt more frightening being unknown).

This was probably my biggest gripe, it never really reached the same level of tension again, that the 1st episode did for me. Still, a solid season (8/10) and I look forward to the next.

1 Like

John Wick Chapter 4 is getting insanely high reviews and praise.

2 Likes

Just saw the movie Hunt. It’s from last year but premiers this month in my country. This was the sneak preview. Korean spy thriller/action movie.

Absolutely loved it. The action scenes are great, story interesting, albeit sometimes slightly hard to follow. But overall I had a fantastic time. Sneak preview often are alright movies here, this was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, cannot wait to go check this one out!

Just finished watching She Hulk - and actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Watched part of the behind the scenes thing & it really makes sense now why she kept addressing the audience directly, even the part at the end where things take a very weird trip. It is directly in line with the comic. Wouldn’t mind some more but don’t know if that will be in the cards.

3 Likes

Watched a movie called The Way Back about a group of prisoners that escaped the Soviet gulag in Siberia. The cast is pretty stacked with Colin Ferrel, Ed Harris, etc. Worth checking this one out on Amazon Prime imo.

I also watched Absolute Power with Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman. It was a fun movie, but the actual plot was riddled with issues. Tell me there’s a movie with both these guys though, and it is an instant watch for me.

1 Like

I also watched the finale of The Last of Us, and boy do I have something important to say about this ending.

Ellie has the same origin story as Blade. That is all.

3 Likes

Classic! Too hilarious.

2 Likes

The Last of Us episode 6, not really a spoiler I guess but…

In the game Joel and Ellie go to a house after they’ve met up with Tommy, unless I’m misremembering. But the show doesn’t seem to have that part. Same as the in my opinion iconic scene where they see the giraffes while standing inside a building. Surprised it didn’t.

Correction, it actually does! Nice! (not in 6) I forgot this happening is later in the story. Forgive me, played this in the Ps3 days.

Overall a good episode though.

So far for me episodes 3 and 7 are my least favorite. Would have been way better if this had not taken up all of the runtime and also had scenes with other characters. Found especially 7 just boring to be honest.

I get it’s important, after all it’s Ellie’s back story, even though not part of the main game’s story, but even so.

Also, where are my infected? Zero in 6, barely in 7. And that’s a shame because I could swear the DLC has scenes with plenty of them.

1 Like

Hyped

4 Likes

I’m not. I’ll wait and see how it turns out though.

In before all the “Man of Steel sucked, Snyder never read a comic” clowns come out of the woodwork proving they in fact are limited in their knowledge of Superman beyond the terrible Reeves movies and Lois and Clark :woozy_face:

1 Like

best superman movie incoming.

1 Like

Gut wrenching man, always brought a certain aura and presence in his roles. RIP :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Fuck!!! This hits deep as The Wire is like one of my all time favourites. As you say, he always had an aura about him in any role he did.

3 Likes

What the hell man, damn!

Rest in peace.

1 Like