Movies and TV shows thread

They got hired for the Phase 4 era.

Which explains the quality of the movies/shows during this phase lol

Young me who used to be really invested in the mcu would of been in shambles lol.

2 Likes

Well, shit, the more you know.

Rick and Morty overall is good stuff though, right? But I guess they didn’t bring their A game for Marvel. From Phase 4 I really only liked Shang-Chi, the other movies were just…there.

Disagree. If it was entirely Rick and Morty writers, the MCU would be higher quality than what we got.

You would of guessed that it would be the perfect match on paper.

Both have cheap humour with a fanbase that’s very easy to please but alas it doesn’t seem to be turning out that way.

1 Like

The way things are going I think they are going to reboot the franchise in the next 5 years.

I think they weather the storm.

Slowly replace this current batch of writers, cancel shows that haven’t been green-lit yet and Feige becomes more hands on with each project again.

We’re going to see Disney slowly peel back on it’s Disney + content. It’s bleeding money and it’s becoming very clear that the subscription based model isn’t sustainable long term if they keep making high budget shows at this rate.

2 Likes

There are rumors that Feige wants to leave the marvel studio and get a higher position at Disney. Even his recent comments have been weird. Somone asked how long he is going to remain as the head of the studio and he replied " lets see. Ive been doing this for half my life".

Damn, you know I wouldn’t blame him lol.

He probably has higher ambitions and goals for himself rather then just being known as the “marvel guy” in his industry.

I just hope he picks a great successor if he does end up moving up.

Murray is definitely the mvp

1 Like

I just went to see the Winnie the Pooh horror movie.

I knew this wouldn’t be amazing, but I was slightly hoping it at least would be a fun time. You know, how some movies are so bad that they come fun? Not this.

Utter garbage acting, stuff that made zero sense and just horrible really, nothing fun at all about this. Imagine having paid 10 bucks to see this crap, my evening would have been ruined, lmao.

1 Like

For no reason whatsoever, I’m going to just leave this here :wink:

1 Like

Titanic will be the last one left that isn’t a milked out franchise.

That’s tough.

I want to take that and then do it by franchise and see which movie franchises have done the best. Obviously hp is up there, marvel, etc… But might be fun.

Sheesh.

Just got back from watching Cocaïne Bear in the cinema with my buddy.

I genuinely had a great time, I’ve never laughed this much (ever at all) seeing humans get mauled, but I sure as hell did here. Hilarious, genuinely funny, good acting even.

A very nice surprise.

1 Like

Snyder’s Batman V Superman 7 years record is finally broken.

Watched Munich The Edge of War which is in the historical fiction genre. It was entertaining and has good acting. In the credits, the movie surprisingly states that Neville Chamberlain’s appeasement policy in Munich bought Britain and her allies the extra year they needed to prepare for WW2. It basically claimed the Munich agreement was vital for the allies to win the war.

Of course, that is a very controversial perspective that I believe most historians would disagree with. Germany benefited way more with that extra prep time and the Czechs lost highly defensible positions due to the Munich agreement. I felt the need to refresh my history knowledge after watching this movie. Everything I read indicated that Germany was in a much better place to fight a two-front war a year after the agreement. It was pretty weird to watch a 2021 film support appeasement in the face of fascism with today’s political climate and all that, but hey at least the movie was interesting and got me to refresh my history lessons.

Bummed out, I was really looking forward to this.

1 Like