Movies and TV shows thread

Watched Burnt, and it was pretty entertaining. Bradley Cooper did a great job portraying a horrible person who is incredibly full of themselves.

This was a great episode! I really liked the dynamic between Joel and Ellie, and it was just very true to the game.

Knock at the Cabin

The new one by Shyamalan. I liked it. Dave Bautista especially is really good here, showing his acting skills. Story is rather out there, but the movie did manage to keep me interested nonetheless.

1 Like
1 Like

Watched a couple movies recently:

Sand Castle - Decent US war story set in Iraq. The title makes sense after finishing the movie.

Hold the Dark - I like the acting from Wright and Skarsgard in this film, but the story wasn’t great. There are some pretty wild and violent scenes in this movie.

I don’t necessarily recommend these two movies, but they were enjoyable nonetheless.

I also watched Last of Us Episode 4. It was good, but definitely one of the weaker episodes. I liked the action and Joel and Ellie bonding moments. All of the scenes from the perspective of the Kansas City faction fell flat though, and it kind of sucks that we will need to spend more time with them next episode. Idk, maybe the writers will prove me wrong.

2 Likes

A man Called Otto.

Really liked it. I thought it was solely a comedy, but it sure had some serious stuff in it. Apparently there’s a movie called A man called Ove and is said to be way way better, and was first too, I will make sure to watch that.

Next week has a promising theater time.

The Whale, Ant Man 3

Remains to be seen if these two horrors are good:

Winny the Pooh: Blood and Honey, Bed Rest.

I agree that the KC faction parts dragged it down a bit, reminded me of some of the weaker episodes of The Walking Dead featuring The Kingdom and Hilltop. Thankfully, there were a couple of moments shown, that indicate episode 5 is going to be amazing. Pretty sure that was also the episode a lot of the people who had early access, were raving about.

1 Like

The Whale

Yeah, this was some emotional stuff. Excellent acting by Brendan, everyone is great but he especially is on another level. I assume either CGI (doubt it) has been used or extreme make up because it looked incredibly real. Powerful, heavy stuff, no pun intended.

Ah yes:

The suit was crafted by Aronofsky’s frequent collaborator, Oscar-nominated digital makeup artist Adrien Morot. The film barely uses CGI and instead utilizes prosthetics modeled via digital sculpture and 3D printing.

My buddy said Brendan pulled a Christian Bale here, truly gaining lots of weight solely for the movie. But let’s be real here, this just would have been impossible.

1 Like

Started watching La Casa De Papel on Netflix. Two seasons finished, watched episode 1 of S3 just now.

It’s an enjoyable show, I will give it that but it is NOT worthy of the immense praise in my opinion. Plot holes, unbelievably frustrating and dumb decisions by people that are supposed to be professionals but they become brainless morons as soon as they fall in love. It’s so damn lame.

Could have actually been really damn good, but these many ridiculous decisions and plot holes really drag it down. Something like Breaking Bad warrants the hype, this not.

1 Like

One of the very few shows that Ive dropped. Extremely dumb and frustrating.

1 Like

Any-Man 3

What a shame how this one turned out, after two very enjoyable movies.

Boring (new) characters except Kang I guess, boring story, boring jokes that don’t land at all, the stuff about holes for example was super cringe. Felt rushed too. And boring location, needed more variety.

Dozed off a few times too.

This one is supposed to start the new phase of MCU? Horrible start, not that previous phase was any good. I personally only really enjoyed Shang-Chi there.

1 Like

somehow went from season 1 of the good wife to season 5 in a couple of hours. I’ll probably watch the spinoff

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. I’d give up too, if it not were for my quirk that once I start something, I need to see it through.

I do not get the hype, all the t-shirts, all the merchandise for this.

1 Like

They need to fire the Rick and Morty writers from the MCU.

Franchise is in the mud right now.

1 Like

Avengers Kang dynasty and Secret Wars are being written by the same Rick and Morty writers. :phil_lmao:

1 Like

You mean the Rick and Morty writers wrote the original Marvel Comic Book storylines? Thats what the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe is based off of, right?

Jeff Loveness has never written a Marvel comic book. The only notable things he has written for are Rick and Morty and Jimmy Kimmel Live!

the MCU is slightly inspired by Marvel Comic Book storylines. They always have their own take on things.

2 Likes

Wtf, i had no idea the Rick and Morty writers had anything to do with MCU.