Movies and TV shows thread

What the hell? That’s a difference a bit too big.

They could still have had all the scenes they now had but then have Frank get infected. We could have had Joel hanging upside down too, could have been a really cool scene.

New scenes are fine, stuff that didn’t happen in the game, but this is a change too drastic. I personally don’t like that, but ah well.

1 Like

IM EXTREMELY EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!

Told ya all let James Gunn cook. He knows.

Hopefully they use the “Joel upsidedown” set piece somewhere else in the show. It’s one of the most memorable parts of the game. The show already moved some stuff around like the flooded hotel lobby.

2 Likes

I much prefer the story the show told. Also there’s no need to try and shoehorn gaming set pieces into the show.

1 Like

I loooved the episode, but yes I do hope the hanging upside down does get used somehow. It’s practically iconic!

The show is brilliant so far, I just hope that they do not choose to softpedal some of Joel’s behavior to make him more likeable/relatable, to keep him the unambiguous “good guy.”

I don’t think they will, I think they really get the character. That’s just the one thing I’m really hoping.

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully after Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Sopranos, etc., show-runners (in general) know how to treat anti-heros. It would also be nice to see Pascal play a nuanced “bad guy” that isn’t silly like in Wonder Woman 1984.

1 Like

Honestly I hope that they recreate the last scene of the game word for word. It’d be a crime to change that moment.

1 Like

My wife told me today that older moms at her job are talking about The Last of Us. People who probably wouldn’t know what a “PlayStation” even is. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Started with Your Honor (Bryan Cranston) and halfway through the pilot and it’s fantastic!

2 Likes

normally i avoid history channel because of the ancient aliens but their miniseries are nice especially the one about Ulysses S. Grant but i have watched the Theodore Roosevelt and Abrahm Lincoln one but i haven’t been able to watch the one about George Washinton and i am surprised by the fact Leonardo DiCaprio is the Executive Producer on most of them.

2 Likes

1 Like

It only gets better :wink:

I’m waiting for the 2nd season to finish so I can binge that in one go.

1 Like

The David Zaslav virus is spreading

1 Like

Everyone should just sell their stuff to Netflix and save all that money by not having to offer their own service.

good thing gaming doesn’t have that problem when almost every game on gamepass also has a store/dlc/MTX to continue the upsell