Movies and TV shows thread

Amazon is going hard.

Fallout, Warhammer, Mass Effect, God of War, and now Tomb Raider.

If there’s anyone I’d be interested in seeing a Tomb Raider series from it’s her, this could be good

Amazon keeps getting better at making tv series. I have full confidence they will deliver on most of these. They’d better open that check book though because all of these shows are going to be expensive AF.

With Waller-Bridge was the writer…I’ll give it a shot, for sure

The Fabelmans

Really liked this one. Apart from Paul Dano, Michelle Williams and one other the cast was full of (younger) people I had never heard about and they did a great job, promising actor for sure, especially the son of Dano’s character.

He was playing Steven Spielberg.

Yep

Plenty of commercials for The Super Marios Bros movie during the NFL playoff games.

Tlou Episode 3 was so fucking sad at the end. Well done HBO, the Bill and Frank changes were done perfectly

3 Likes

The Last of Us episode 3 was good, but I wished it ended differently. Giving Frank and Bill a happy ending was fine, but I would have shortened their story, let Bill survive Frank, and give us some Joel, Ellie and Bill together in the current time of the story. I think there was plenty that could have been cut to make some room for this.

I also watched The Menu. It’s a tense and silly movie that was very entertaining.

1 Like

Episode 3 was one of the best episodes of television I’ve ever seen. This show is going to clean the awards season and it wont be even close.

2 Likes

Neil in his duffle bag with this show.

He ain’t messing around.

This episode was all Craig Mazin.

Oh, I’m not talking one episode specifically, just the show in general.

Episode 3 of The last of Us…

Eh, it was fine. I get why they did it, because the game doesn’t show at all what his past was like. But I also never really thought I needed to know either. And it takes up way too much of the episode. For me definitely the lesser episode of the three so far.

It is cool to see Joel and Ellie starting to bond a little, that was lacking in the first two episodes but also made sense. Iirc they didn’t exactly thought much of each other until that point.

It’s been so long since I played the game (PS3 era) but was Bill alive to meet Joel and Ellie? I recall he was but I am not entirely sure anymore. Also, what exactly was Frank’s condition?

1 Like

Last of Us 1 spoilers for the game:

Bill is alive to meet Joel and Ellie. Joel and Ellie circumnavigate various traps to get to Bill. The Bill chapter has that set piece where Joel falls for a trap that turns him upside down. Frank leaves Bill some time before this, and he gets infected. Joel finds out that Frank hanged himself instead of turning. In his suicide note, Frank says he knew he would probably die without Bill but he rather die than spend more time with Bill. Frank hated Bill at the end. Imo, the show could have kept the happy ending for Frank while still giving us some scenes Joel, Ellie, and Bill together.

Best episode of the three so far for me. I love how they are filling in the story that the game either skips or doesn’t explain at all.

Finally it stupid to have it separate.

2 Likes

it was the best episode for me .

3 Likes

Current run of sunday night programming on HBO

HOTD → The White Lotus → The last of us → Succession S4 → Barry S4

God tier run.