Movies and TV shows thread

Narcos Mexico is better than regular Narcos imo. Have you seen Andor? The actor that plays Andor (Luna) is the “main” character in Narcos Mexico, and he is phenomenal.

1 Like

man watching narcos: mexico was enjoyable seeing what we know about him and how it supposedly happened.

1 Like

Damn, then I’m in for a treat!

4 Likes

The animation looks really good.

1 Like

Them to Amazon on their budget for season 2. Animation is looking crispy !

1 Like

Well, I guess Aquaman 2 must be really great for them to hold onto Jason

it’s probably for lobo

Or they weren’t able to find any actor willing to play AquaMan… :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont think there will be Aquaman in the first 2 phases of DCU.

Watched 1973’s The Sting. Great sets, characters, acting and story. Loved the drawings shown with the title of each chapter. The movie is about a group of 1930s grifters trying to pull off a big con on a NYC mob boss. The movie reminded me of Oceans Eleven but with way more style. Great ending too.

2 Likes

foreign movie to watch is the chinese Infernal Affairs trilogy since the first one was which is used for the international remake that Martin Scorscese directed “The Departed”

1 Like

I remember seeing The Departed in theaters and thinking “Wait, isn’t this Infernal Affairs?”. It’s basically a shot for shot remake, and it still annoys me to this day how much praise Scorscese gets for it.

2 Likes

Just got back from seeing Broker.

I love Korean movies. I don’t want to talk about the story because I find it hard not to spoil stuff. Look it up or just watch it.

I really liked it.

Insane episode.

Can’t believe that was Neil’s first time directing an episode lol, guess game directing can seamlessly translate to the tv medium.

This show is going down as a classic if it continues at this quality.

1 Like

I’d imagine more than just having directed cinematic styled games in the past it’s the experience of working in motion capture and directing real actors that made the transition easier

2 Likes

For sure.

1 Like

I can’t believe that they got Nick Offerman to play Bill. Perfect casting choice lol

1 Like

This show is fucking insane and Im loving these cold opens. Great idea.

1 Like

The Lovely Bones

I had never seen this movie by Peter Jackson before, but I thought it was quite special. Great acting all around and the super natural aspect I didn’t see coming, but I thought this was very nicely done. I was really rooting for this family, just really liked them and thus the harder it was when tragedy did strike. It just shows that it only takes one trash person to absolutely ruin a great family.

Z for Zacchariah

Great acting by the always delightful Margot Robbie, but quite a different role than what we’ve come to expect, I like that. She really shows how diverse her acting chops are. Movie was good, but could have done with some suspense. Still, cool setting, I’d say worth it.

Birds of Prey

I wish I had gone to the theater for this in 2020, but I hated the trailer and didn’t. I have a sub to the cinema so it really would have been worth it.

Not nearly as bad as I expected. Margot really carries the movie though, that is for sure. She’s just awesome as Quinn. The actress playing Canary was nice too. It’s especially the scenes of Margot where she’s either alone or with the kid that I thought were interesting. Once the group is all together and stuff it just didn’t do as much for me. The fighting also was meh.

The actress playing Huntress I expected much more from, and Mcgregor as bad guy…nah.

Saw the Weird biopic last night, pretty fun and a ton of cameos. Free on Roku website. The ending is absolutely hilarious, and there’s a scene after it as well which was amusing. But the song during the credits just was perfect, Weird AL wrote a song specifically for it which took me a minute to catch on to what it was, but once I figured out what was going on it might have been my favorite part of the whole movie.