Movies and TV shows thread

I just finished 1899 on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. I love mysteries and I especially love weird mysteries, but that show has some of the best atmospheric storytelling I’ve ever seen. It also has some of the best art direction I’ve ever seen.

Also, I don’t know why I haven’t been posting in this thread since I love TV and Film. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Your mileage may vary wrt to the movies, but I think they are worth checking out.

1 Like

DC is finally rebooting. Should have done this 4 years ago tho.

Outside of Batman, I could never really get into any DC characters/properties. I’m definitely intrigued to see what James Gunn can do though.

1 Like

Agreed, they can’t keep putting duck tape on Zach Snyders DC universe. It sucks for Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot and the rest. But these are the tough decisions that need to happen. Just wipe the slate, start clean, and don’t rush it.

2 Likes

Finished Wednesday yesterday, definitely a nice show. Jenna plays it nicely, the vibe is done well, story interesting enough. Well done!

Also finished Lilyhammer, it was alright. Once I start something I finish it through, but didn’t think this was anything too great.

Now it’s time to start with something some of you have been praising a lot and recommending.

Dark!

4 Likes

I really enjoyed Wednesday as well and I also just started Dark (because I watched 1899 and enjoyed it so much).

2 Likes

Really good show. Some tips:

1. Take some simple notes about character names, their relationships etc

2. Do not search up characters on the internet.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I will, thanks! I was surprised to find out it’s a German show, for some reason I didn’t expect that. But that’s fine, Germany has some damn good shows. It definitely does seem to be a show where you need to pay attention and it’s probably not a show to watch when you’re lying in bed with the risk of dozing off, haha.

Definitely won’t do the second. In the past I tended to do that with some anime and man did I regret it.

They have an official website that does that for you and you can choose which season and episode you’re on so that it doesn’t spoil anything

2 Likes

I used to use it but I think they removed it.

Edit: nvm it still exists.

link use this website . It will help you keep track of characters without spoiling anything.

3 Likes

Triangle of Sadness

Another movie I had not seen a single trailer off. Quite a unique one, strange too but also one that kept me interested and entertained. This is one of those just like The Menu where the less you know and have seen in terms of trailers the better.

2 Likes

Zaslav continues to focus on destroying HBOMax platform. More series are set to be pulled, all so they can license them to other ad-supported streaming platforms.

They’re not done with steps to lessen the experience, they are also going against previously stated policy for their Ad Supported tier. They are looking to place Ads inside of HBO content too.

All this to chase the last tiny bit of immediate money with no concern for the growth or future of the platform.

Coverage of paywall article:

4 Likes

CINEMA

1 Like

Amazon acquiring movie/TV rights to Warhammer 40K

3 Likes

I’m actually quite looking forward to this one. Not sure why other than just the casting and wanting to see what Gerwig does with it.

Yeah, I was surprised how much I enjoyed him in the role especially since he’s not the main character (Enola is awesome). I tend to like all the different versions of the Sherlock stories I see and hear, am currently running through the series for Elementary which I’m quite enjoying. There was an audio play series on Moriarty that was interesting as well. Sort of turned things upside down in a neat way.

1 Like

Avatar 2 is pretty damn good. Another James Cameron Masterpiece

1 Like

I will have to watch it a second time in 3D. The changes in fluidity was a bit weird at times.

Exciting shit

1 Like