Movies and TV shows thread

These are early screening reactions . Dont bother with these. These reactions are almost always extremely positive.

2 Likes

I agree about that, but I also have trust it’s gonna be incredible anyway. I can’t recall James Cameron having a single miss. Everything he made that was a main event blockbuster was an incredible filmmaking achievement.

Not doubting James Camron , just saying that early screening reactions should not be trusted for any movie.

Ah yes, that is very true. Good thing we won’t have to wait long anymore.

I don’t like how my cinema isn’t offering the movie at all in 2D. They only show it in 3D(which I can’t see) and high framerate. I was not a fan of the latter at all during The Hobbit movie marathon years ago, but we’ll see.

Today I saw The Offering in the cinema. Despite its super generic ass name it wasn’t generic. Story was interesting, a bit different than the millions of other similar movies, good acting. Nice surprise!

2 Likes

dude same. I fucking hate 3D. I was forced to watch Spiderman No Way Home in 3D and I hated every second of it.

1 Like

Sometimes they have the decency to still show these movies in 2D as well, always in the afternoon, never evening, but at least it’s something, but as of next week Avatar 2 is only 3D/HFR. Maybe later down the weeks they bring it in 2D,sigh.

Also silly, I already pay for a sub monthly, but because the cursed movie is in 3D I need to pay a small tax over it. :joy:

1 Like

So the DCEU has been dead for several years but its finally being buried. About fucking time.

?

Apparently they are rebooting the franchise. No more Henry Cavill , Gal Gadot , Ben Affleck , Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller. Starting over from scratch.

Tho this info comes from The Hollywood reporter so even though this info is not official, its coming from an extremely reliable source.

1 Like

Wtf!

Here I thought Henry was 100% back, especially after he announced the news of him quitting Witcher. Although that does seem to be for more reasons too.

This is a insanely drastic move, wtf.

WB should have done this 5 years ago. The DC brand is in the dumpster. The General audience dont want to watch their movies . The actors demand $15M + pay checks for their roles which was resulting into huge production budgets.

Huge production budget + General audience does not see the movie = Flops.

The brand is tainted and they should just start over.

That’s certainly one way to ruin your working relationship with one of Hollywood’s biggest studios. Although I did chuckle when I read this because she really could have used that Wikipedia page when writing/directing Wonder Woman 1984 after kicking off Allan Heinberg

The executive should have linked WW84’s rotten tomato score back to her.

2 Likes

Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio is on Netflix now, well in The Netherlands it is. Make sure to watch it!

1 Like

Still reading through this, but really, Westworld not on HBOMax!? A couple more series canceled, one was nearing end of filming season two. There will probably be more cuts on the way too.

2 Likes

This is a terrible sign, regardless of how you feel about Westworld. This means WBD doesn’t have to pay residuals to the crew/royalty-recipients… which is fucked.

4 Likes

Yeah. Zaslav doesn’t care about the people or even the optics and perception. Its strictly about money for him.

I would be surprised if there is not a larger wave of backlash against WBD. No one in an informed mind would ever want to work with them while he’s around.

2 Likes

Now the news about Cavill confirming the rumor that he won’t be returning as Supes… how much can one business transaction fuck up?

Cavill was hands-down the best Superman on screen IMO.

6 Likes

Yeah, sucks to hear that.

On a totally unrelated note, I find Cavill’s portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in the Enola Holmes movies (particularly 2) to be surprisingly good. A different style - being less eccentric and more straight forward.

4 Likes

It’s on my watch list… just like my games backlog, it never seems to decrease :confused: