Movies and TV shows thread

Avatar 2 will likely make more than $2B. James Cameron knows the game. He invented the game.

2 Likes

Doubt it.

This is just … something else:

2 Likes

How the fuck did they manage to convince Ray Liotta to be in this lol

Avatar Schmavatar, Indy Schmindy, Transformers Smanformers. Keep em

THIS…this is the one recent trailerthat really moved the needle for me

1 Like

I’m not watching it because I already know I am definitely checking this out in the cinema. I did see some screens via Twitter and it seems someone might die? At least we see sad faces.

James Gunn said that we will never see this team of GotG together after this movie so thats why people are expecting deaths.

1 Like

It was already sad to see one go, we all know who, it’s such a cool group of friends, it just works, you don’t want to see that get ruined. But it’s good for emotional impact I’m sure.

This plus the fact James Gunn wont be working on anything MCU after this movie.

Oh damn, I forgot about that. He’s joining DC, right?

He was already working with DC but now he is the CEO of DC Studios.

1 Like

Awesome trailer. The music…

Take. On. Me.

And then the main theme

Chills. Looks fantastic.

3 Likes

Awesome trailer indeed. I’m really hoping this is great! If it’s even half as good as the game, holy shit.

It’s going to be really hard to get used to another actor as Joel, but if anyone can live up to it, Pedro Pascal is the guy!

1 Like

Man, it’s HBO, and from the Chernobyl creators, and with close oversight from ND and Neil Druckmann. It’s got all the signs of a fantastic show and adaptation.

If you haven’t seen Chernobyl, go see it and find out why you’ll be be hyped even more for TLoU.

2 Likes

Finished Andor and loved it, really liked the last episode and the speech. Definitely need to go back and watch that again because it really spoke to how tyranny is able to grow.

Also decided to try an episode of Wednesday and despite never having seen any of the Addams Family stuff before and not really thinking I’d like the genre, we liked it a lot and ended up binging the entire 8 episodes. Kept getting Veronica Mars vibes which was fun.

6 Likes

The Boys spin-off

Andor, man… I finally finished it and it is in my top 3 favorite series this year (just behind The Bear and ahead of Rings of Power). It truly feels like it belongs in the same universe as the first 3 films. The charged political subtext, the grit, the morally grey characters. It all worked so well.

And, while I love the Jedi (Qui-Gon Jinn is my favorite character) there was something genuinely refreshing having a major Star Wars product with no overt mysticism. It felt like something out of the '90s pre-prequel era of the franchise.

I’m almost sad there is only going to be one more season.

2 Likes

How did I not know about this show, howwwwwww.

Bryan Cranston.

1 Like

He covers some media sources and apparently they love it.

Phenomenal, bigger, better and more emotional than Avatar. Visually breathtaking, visceral and incredibly engrossing. The story, the spectacle, the spirituality. Movie making and storytelling at the absolute finest.

That’s some praise. Not getting hyped at all though, but am looking forward to it more than before, now.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1600246318177189888?s=20&t=BciIUSiXw8MaLHprEJZSyg