Movies and TV shows thread

I didn’t know that, I love that actually. I guess he loves the thrill of doing these stunts this much, haha. He broke his foot while filming a rooftop jump scene for MI Fallout among other things, crazy, lol. I can only admire and respect it when a actor is this dedicated. Same with Christian Bale, he sometimes just goes too far with it, for danger of his own health or even life, but still…wow.

If I ever subscribe to Paramount, I will definitely look into this show but as of now, Paramount has nothing that im all in on wanting to watch. I did watch the trailer and it seems pretty good so I will keep that in mind.

Yep, it’s a prequel to Yellowstone!

Btw, you can get a month of Paramount+ with Game Pass Ultimate

1 Like

This movie was so much better than it had any right to be. I was enjoying it all the way through, but the third act just put it over the top. Top tier action film.

Got caught up on Better Call Saul this week, just a fantastic show from top to bottom. Starting up Stranger Things 4 tonight.

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet that just like Marvel Unlimited this too doesn’t include countries like The Netherlands. :frowning:

I think it would depend on whether Paramount+ is available there.

We do have it I think, I’ll look into it in the morning.

We’re watching Inspector Morse. Had caught Endeavour (which is apparently ending after with the next season) on Amazon and loved it, Morse is the same character but as an older person, and it was the original series based on a set of books. Also love Inspector Lewis, which is based on a main character from the original show but was filmed between the other two.

The shows are a bit slower than a lot of detective/police shows, but they’re really well done, probably aided by being longer episodes. Morse has 33 episodes, Lewis was 33 episodes and I believe Endeavour just hit that as well but more is coming.

Saw Masonic Mysteries (season 4, episode 4) yesterday and there’s a major character who we finally see toward the end who I was like, wait a minute that’s Palpatine. Totally was Ian McDiarmid.

Does Disney+ have any original shows that isn’t Marvel or SW?

Yes. Have a look see:

1 Like

Eh, most are really not interesting and still dominated by Marvel and SW. I’ll only sub for Pixar it seems :thinking:

I just found out they have IMAX movies on there finally. I’ve been wanting to watch Infinity War & Endgame again but they didn’t look right with the cut aspect ratio, so Disney+ might come in more useful that I anticipated.

Oh and speaking of that subject, Tom Cruise better lobby for IMAX preservation if he cares so much about the theatre experience maybe, when MISSION Impossible’s IMAX cuts aren’t available anywhere… Or maybe it’s just elitism on his part and he doesn’t actually care beyond that :person_shrugging:

Gotta say, I really loved Stranger Things season 4. Won’t get in to spoilers, but one thing they did this season, that I loved, was mess with the typical episode release structure and the episode lengths

So this season is 9 episodes long and they put out episodes 1 through 7 now. Then in July they will individually put out episodes 8 and 9. And the episodes are LONG. There’s some a little under and hour, some that were over and some that are well over. Most shows would take this amount of footage and make like sixteen 40 minute episodes maybe. They just gave each episode the amout of time it needed to be a great episode

And man, were they great

Best characters for season 4: Max, Steve, Erica, Robyn and Dustin

But they are all runners up to the MVP of season 4…MURRAY!!! Love this guy

1 Like

I hope you guys aren’t sleeping on the new season of Barry. It’s been both super wacky and way darker this season.

1 Like

Very much yes sir

1 Like

Must watch British comedy

1 Like

Dark really is that good huh? I still need to get on with that and watch it. The new show could be great too, I love that setting.

FUCKING FINALLY !

one of the best and Im not even overhyping it .

2 Likes

I enjoyed the following series:

1. The World According to Jeff Goldblum
  2. The Right Stuff
  3. Earth to Ned
  4. One Day at Disney Shorts
  5. The Real Right Stuff
  6. Just Beyond

I’m looking forward to Willow.