Movies and TV shows thread

I am the opposite, as I cannot binge watch shows and I only watch 1 episode a night lol.

Hmm. Could be good. But True Detective without Nic Pizzolatto just feels like it should be named “Night Country” instead.

So I’ve watched the first two episodes of Obi-Wan. WIthholding judgement. Need to see more

One thing I can can answer for sure is, if you like the Prequel movies, you will love the show. If you did not not, or like me absolutely despise the Prequels it’s too early to recommend or warn against

What I can say about it is there are some things about it that really seem promising, but others that felt a little too much like those old Prequels. As if the creators, writers, and director were big fans of those, themselves and were going for a similar feel…but we shall see

It aint the Mandalorian. I can say that

1 Like

I don’t watch that many more episodes per day either on average, but I do want to watch the same show in one sweep. Jumping around between stuff, waiting weeks between episodes… nah that shit is over and done since many years.

Made an exception for Halo but that’s because I wanted to take part in the YHMAH discussions, which was very fun.

Binge-wise I’ve always been a weekend binge-watcher kinda dude. I do like the way weekly shows work too and keeps the viewing community on the same pace

Binging is best for catching up on older stuff, like when I started AoT, or the Expanse when they were already a few seasons in. Got them all caught up right before their next seasons were about to start and they happened to turn in to my 2 favorite shows ever, so far

The idea of the show is to be an anthology, and that in nature should involve changing things up and experimenting.

:man_shrugging:

Obi Wan show is okay. It’s definitely a tv show and doesn’t attempt to be a film experience if that makes sense.

The Skywalker Saga continues for better or worse Disney just can’t let go of skywalker

god dammit @Staffy you got me watching BCS because of your post lol

1 Like

Don’t remember who mentioned it a while back but Yellowstone with Kevin Costner is one hell of a TV show. Great characters, well written with some action and just stuff in it that makes you go, holy shit!!!

2 Likes

1883 is even better.

Anyone who likes Red Dead Redemption, they’re probably the closest you’ll get to RDR on TV.

1 Like

Hopefully you didn’t read too many of my spoilers, because if so, that’s a shame. Spoilers are the worst. I’ll never forget I read one about Dexter back in the day. Me and my stupid ass just had to check a comment section in a video about the show. Speaking of Dexter, I might go for a rewatch. Such a great show, until a certain point where it goes downhill rapidly.

Have yet to watch the newest season too.

Oh shit, more for the list. Costner is great and I love the whole setting of RDR.

My thoughts on the newest season of Dexter

Ah damn, really? I always thought that extra season was super unnecessary because it had been ruined after Trinity season anyway, but still had some hopes it would he decent.

The recent season is extremely rushed . The writing for the ending makes sense . But that should have been expanded into atleast 5 more episodes .

Speaking of westerns:

Everyone should absolutely check out the series Deadwood. It is perhaps the best western series there is. It is an HBO series so its available via HBOMax or can be purchased season by season elsewhere.

Another fairly solid western series is Hell on Wheels.

1 Like

+1 on both. Although I sadly didn’t continue watching Hell on Wheels because I remember AMC cancelled it and the story is apparently left unfinished

Top Gun Maverick was great. This is how you do a sequel, and after so many years too, wow. Cruise does it again. Seems he coproduced too.

2 Likes

He produces a number of his films ever since he was not allowed to do a lot of his own stunts in Mission Impossible 3 from what I have read, the mad bastard lol.

1 Like

Did I see what I thought I saw in Obi Wan?..

Someone was using what as supposed to be some sort of communicator device and I swear it looked like an old modified Game Gear