Movies and TV shows thread

It is indeed good, but be wary that it’s really a slow burn that takes its sweet time, especially at first, you gotta adjust till you get the hang of it at first.

2 Likes

And after that, don’t be afraid to consult various Wiki’s to keep things sorted. I suggest not to do so until having completed a season and not to read ahead about the next season. Dark is one of the rare shows where you will get more out of it with a second watch through after completing the entire series.

1 Like

That’s OK.

I do remember having seen one or two episodes of this years ago. It was with my brother and we both didn’t yet know where it was going. I’ll definitely go give it a chance soon.

The show has an official website . You put in the episode number and they show you the currently revealed family tree and info without spoiling the viewer .

2 Likes

There were some solid community made ones on Wikipedia but then a few days later someone else edited and replaced them with something absolutely horrible instead. :cry:

damn . That sucks . I contributed alot on the r/dark during the S1 and S2 days .

The recent episode was basically GTA , both in writing and in shots . Bonkers episode .

Went and watched Doctor Strange 2 a second time. Some movies become better after a second watch, nah.

Great effects and action scenes, the rest is meh. America Chavez is just crap, I’m sorry but I find the character utterly ridiculous, not interesting at all, she just enters the movie basically and has these powers…right, nope it’s not doing anything for me. Also the actress I find very bland, in terms of acting.

And again, I am afraid MCU fatigue really might be setting in for me. Spidey didn’t wow me either. Let’s see about Thor, expectations are very low. I’m sure they’ll throw some shit in there that’s totally not interesting and nobody asked for.

I expect Thor to be good . Taika Watiti and James Gunn are the only 2 good directors left at MCU .

That is true, but I saw that Jane Foster is now a warrior too or some stuff? I saw a picture and I’m like…weird. Lol.

Director is great, but let’s hope the story doesn’t ruin it.

She is the new thor . I guess Chris’s Thor will die or retire . Im only excited for Bale’s performance and fight scenes .

See, that is the kind of stuff I can’t take seriously. She’s the new Thor? Seems extremely unbelievable to me judging by the character in the previous movies.

It’s been a while that I watch the last Thor but I don’t think they ever cover this, do they? And I kinda forgot what happened at the end of Endgame.

Like I said , Ill watch the movie for Bale’s performance and fight scene and I recommend that you do the same thing . :philwins:

1 Like

Marvel fatigue hit me officially after Endgame, and whatever came after just wasn’t good and I just got tired of it. Nothing felt like it was being built and earned as the original Avengers. And NWH was just some ridiculous fanfiction I literally couldn’t believe it was the actual movie.

1 Like

James and Taika are good but their influence on MCU wasn’t. It seemed all the other movies wanted to copy their goofy comedic aspects.

true .

Got round to watching episode 3 of Obi Wan and so far I think the show has been ok, nothing too great but not terrible either. But I have to mention the editing because I cannot be the only one who thinks it is quite poor and distracts you from the show?

I absolutely loved Stranger Things S4, it’s so entertaining that you don’t feel like you are watching 90 minutes of just one episode as time flies by.

Nostalgia plays a big factor too, but I don’t mind that at all. Love the way they use 80s music f.e.

Read quite a few comments on other sites about using all that nostalgia feeling ‘cheap’, I don’t understand that, but to each their own I guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean the show is abashedly an homage to 80s movies. You see it a lot atm, because a lot of the new generation of film makers grew up on 80s movies. Besides, it’s not like the show is lacking in quality.

I am on episode 3 and it’s been great so far. The cast is just so likable.

The first episode of Season 3 of The Orville is hard hitting. I did not expect that.

It’s a better “Star Trek series” than any this side of 2000, except maybe Lower Decks. Its a surprise how a show mocking/satirizing its inspiration turns out better than it.

1 Like

The Boys has 3 new episodes available. It’s as messed up as ever. The scene with their “ant man” equivalent is top tier.

1 Like