Movies and TV shows thread

I dint exactly remember that character either, but thats a lot of years ago and I do remember something like that frenzy happening.

The part I dont fully understand is how Jimmy’s change of tune and confession has any meaningful relevance on Kim’s situation. What he said about being involved with Walter was many years after the Howard event. Nothing he said or admitted would lessen her involvement or responsibility. The only thing it might do is directing the hatred at himself. At the best and this is stretching, it may give her a potential excuse that she was under his influence, but even with that, it doesn’t give her a free ride in the least. She could still be charged for her involvement and sued for civil damages.

It definitely seems she’s still in potential trouble, but at least his confession didn’t make it any worse. We were led to believe that what he was going to reveal would really hurt her. But true, we don’t know Kim’s real fate.

1 Like

She was only in trouble if Howards wife decided to sue her in a civil suit. Which the show implies the passage of time an Jimmy has acclimated to prison before she shows up, implying that Howards wife didn’t pursue it after Jimmy took the fall. She was never in danger of criminal charges because there is no way to prove her involvement as there is no physical evidence to tie her to anything in her affidavit.

Additionally, and Ill have to watch it again to verify it, but he gave her the out that he was going to use for himself. That he influenced her and put her in a position that the choices weren’t necessarily hers. That she was operating out of fear.

2 Likes

hey thanks, I couldnt figure out how to do that, lol

Ever since we started to see Jimmy become SG more and more I’ve been wondering if Bob was going to put on extra weight (like some actors do) to really look like the BB Saul again.

Watching this clip really made me notice it again. His acting is amazing, don’t get me wrong, but he definitely pulled off the slimey, sleazy dude persona better in BB than BCS.

https://youtu.be/2R-0SnaSOoU

In the BB scenes he is anything but likeable, I think the thicker head and/or throat helps too, and definitely the hair, lmao. But in BCS he’s still likeable, for me. He comes across just a tad more sleazy in BB. But I applaud that they didn’t go the CGI route or anything.

But that is exactly how it should be. BB was the height of Saul Goodman and his sleazy exploits. He didn’t become “Saul Goodman” in full until half way through the final season of BCS, and they didn’t spend time on it because you saw it already in BB. BCS was a build up of all the events/relationships that turned him into Saul and in the end finding his way back to being Jimmy.

That’s true. We only had a few parts in BCS of him that are in the BB timeline. I guess it wasn’t worth it to make his looks to be exactly the same, which I understand. That would be a bit too crazy.

This is the stuff that just makes it such a genius show

The Last of Us scenes in here. Looks so good.

https://youtu.be/kWsY3DlLdIA

1 Like

Absolutely loved the first episode of HOTD. Forgot how much I loved being in this universe.

3 Likes

Not sure how I like HotD, the first episode seemed a but too straight forward and predictable. I hope it improves on the character development. It seems a lot less like the earlier seasons of GoT adapted from the books and a lot more like the later seasons of GoT adapted from brief outlines.

I liked HOTD a lot, more than I expected to even, but I hope it’s not just nobles scheming in the Red Keep and we get out into the world of the common people a little. Part of what makes ASOIAF so good for me is that the world feels so fully realized, top to bottom.

Yeah, Game of Thrones is back. But where the f is the opening sequence? Is that sigil drop supposed be it? Please no!

1 Like

Because it is. HotD is based on Fire and Blood, a history book with unreliable and conflicting accounts of events. Essentially, not only do they have brief outlines to adapt, but they also have to decide a single canon from the different accounts, with most much of everything else on them to write and plot.

Game of Thrones’ earlier season pretty much adapted at least 70% of even the dialogue, often word for word. If I’m to liken it to a season of GoT, it would be season 4. It’s magnitudes better than the embarrassments of S5 and what follows, but nowhere near the sharp wittiness and distinctive, deliberate writing of S1-3. Overall, very good stuff, but still not the immaculate early seasons, which hopefully with more episodes and seasons they maybe could reach.

2 Likes

There will be an opening from episode 2 and onwards .

Me and my buddy last weekend watched several movies.

Malcolm X. Fantastic movie, we both had never seen it. Denzel as always is amazing and what a goddamned shame what they did to Malcolm, man.

Also watched Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2, and in the theater Bullet Train. In a few hours now it’s time for me to go check Nope.

Very good start for House of the Dragon, IMO

Matt Smith is going to be a quality antagonist

2 Likes

Man who came up with the cinematic aspect ratio standard for modern TV, I miss the 16:9 standard, shows looked better and more grand that way.

Just got back from NOPE

Is it worthy of all the hype and praise? In my opinion…NOPE! Unfortunately. Because I really wanted to love this.

It also isn’t scary in any way, nor much suspense…for me.

Despite all that I did find it interesting and it certainly is different here and there. Definitely one cool scene but I’m not sure in what way it’s connected to the whole main thing. Overall it just didn’t manage to fully grab me.

But that’s about it. Get Out remains my favorite from Peele.

2 Likes

1 Like