Movies and TV shows thread

I was genuinely hoping the MoM movie was set in an entirely different multiverse. Like at the end of it they would have America end up in our 'Verse because it didn’t feel like the same Wanda from the end of WandaVision.

1 Like

The film has been shot . Ezra already got the money when he signed the contract 3 years ago . They play 2 characters in the movie and is in almost every scene . Its gonna take $100M+ to replace their scenes . That is on top of $200M already spent on the film . PLUS this film is a reboot to DCEU so they cant really shelf it as well . They have already shot the 3 films after this reboot ( Almost $1 Billion investment ) . You are asking for the impossible here . Cancelling their other projects is as good as it gets .

Replace The Flash character with Morbius and it’ll be so much better. :eyes:

2 Likes

If he is going to say " Its Morbin time " then count me in .

https://youtu.be/IOtBZzZMsVQ

It’s out next week. I just hope it’s good. It’s Taika…so there’s a chance.

1 Like

Stranger Things, S4 E7. That was a whole movie, 1 hour and 40 minutes of masterful storytelling. I’m truly impressed with Duffer Brothers for managing so much for so long and have it so neatly held together throughout the unfolding of its events.

There’s an impressive amount of world-building logic continuity that doesn’t feel like it comes out of nowhere to serve and solve individual plot threads, instead these plot threads are actually working in tandem with the world-building, validating not only subsequent events but also previous ones from past seasons.

Of course, the big event we saw was the reveal of Vecna’s identity. I will mention the process of unfolding again, because I didn’t think this was just a “twist” kind of reveal, It was an unfolding of the pieces of this story that they were seeding throughout the whole episode and previous episodes with the character 001 and the Creel family tragedy, as well as Eleven’s history. I’m not saying it was easy to predict per se, no, but by the time the reveal got close to its presentation, you already had suspected 001 to be involved in something significant at large with El, and indeed he was, but he was also Vecna, and Henry Creel, which wasn’t a shock, well, it was somewhat, but that wasn’t out of nowhere, they deliberately seeded enough well ahead of the reveal to have it that way, the story of the Creels was left hanging in the air throughout the season but never fully commiting to a resolution, frankly it could’ve been used as a red herring for all intents and purposes, but it was eventually told again and contextualized for THE resolution of the season’s villain mystery

This doesn’t mean the mystery is fully out there now, there could be more into explaining Henry’s power and where he got them, and how and why exactly did El really create the Upside-Down, IF even that is directly true

2 Likes

I cant even fucking open twitter , Stranger Things spoilers everywhere .

Even TV shows release unfinished and have day one patches now :sob:

2 Likes

The VFX industry is jammed up right now and there are 2 types of companies . Motherfuckers ( Sony ) that are crunching their VFX artists to get their movies done and other companies that are delaying their movies ( WB , Disney , Netflix ) .

Apparently Netflix crashed for a while today lol

1 Like

Concluded season 4. Overall, I think it’s my second favorite season after the first one. It grew a lot as a spectacle.

Thoughts on Vol. 2
  • Episode 8 was all around fantastic, not much to say.
  • The finale was explosive. It was all going perfectly until the end of Vecna encounter.
  • Max’s death and then revival by El – wtf was that even about? There has to be much more into this to maybe redeem it and give it relevant context and explanation in S5
  • There shouldn’t have been a time jump, skipping two days the aftermath royally disrupted the impact and depth of what happened.
  • Eddie’s death wasn’t addressed outside of Dustin, this was really a big oversight. I don’t know why they ignored that.
  • Overall, the last twenty minutes or so, after the time skip, definitely suffered from something, whether it was rushed or they were adamant on the episode number and runtime, they could’ve perhaps made it into two episodes and fleshed out more the aftermath.

Finally, they had no right using ‘When it’s Cold I’d Like to Die’ again like that. How many times must that song emotionally break me in TV shows :sob:

ST4 Spoilers : I CALLED IT !! I knew Mind flayer was 001 . Predicted this shit 7 years ago . FUCK YEA !
On my way to buy lottery tickets :upside_down_face:

I’ll put this here, lmao.

Watched episodes 4x08 and 4x09 of Stranger Things and episode 4x07 of The Boys all yesterday

Took nearly 4 hours, but very worth while. Great day of television…well, streaming

3 Likes

Planning on starting The Boys when this season ends

Stranger Things 4, episode 2.

Poor El, definitely felt bad for her. Can’t deny that I rooted for her when she took her revenge, although the way she handled it was probably a bit too much. Still, fuck it, lol.

Gotta say that this Vecna is quite interesting too. How he managed to appear when Nancy and the glasses guy sat in the car and only he saw the cop as Vecna. Kinda want to watch another, but I also don’t want to rush through it too fast.

Watched episode 3 too…

Why Lucas? Why did you give away the real place where Eddie is hiding? Guess I’ll find out in 4. Very interesting with El. The dude thinks she’s the cure, but we have seen that flashback where she had massacred everyone in the facility.

Tomorrow I’ll watch episode 4, sounds like I’m in for a treat.

Great stuff.

Personal top 10 favorite movies, in reverse order…

10: The Grand Budapest Hotel

9: Zodiac

8: Hot Fuzz

7: The Godfather 2

6: The Shawshank Redemption

5: Young Frankenstein

4: Inception

3: The Godfather

2: There Will Be Blood

1: One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest

3 Likes

Season finale of S4 of ST got me hot.

2 Likes

You guys hyped for the new Bleach anime?

Hard to care considering they are animating the worst arc in the series, but the animation and soundtrack are still top notch (Shiro Sagisu is still God)