Movies and TV shows thread

I liked it, didn’t think it was a great movie though. It was fine, like Iron man 2 level fine

Ah right, I can see why you say that.

He carried the 1st movie on his own tho .

I thought the first movie was average at best.

better than MOM tho .

1 Like

We’re having a mid off. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Disagree personally, and disagree about Cumberbatch as a leading man - he’s fantastic in most where he is. I fault MoM for being a shit Raimi-fest that contradicts its own MCU-rules and throws out the progression of characters like Wanda for the sake of a shitty/lazy plot.

2 Likes

I think Cumberbatch can easily be a leading man, he’s a fantastic actor as we all know. I just don’t think he’s been given great or even interesting material for his last 2 solo movies.

I think Raimi tried his best to make it interesting but at the end of the day you can only work with the script you got. I can see why the OG director left over creative differences if this was the script that got handed to him lol.

Third’s time the charm like Cayde said though, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Speaking of the OG director, going to go see The Black Phone tonight.

I love me some Ethan Hawke.

1 Like

Very curious about that one. July here in The Netherlands. Will definitely see it.

Correction, according to my cinema’s app it’s December this year. Wtf.

Turns out it apparently is canceled for The Netherlands because a nine year old boy who was missing here was found dead. The boy was playing soccer, he goes missing and…

Horrible, that’s for sure.

As for the movie, guess I’ll just watch it in a less legal way, lol.

And they’re still working with Ezra Miller, and now this, YIKES.

1 Like

Oh damn, yeah that’s pretty terrible news.

I’m sure it’ll be out on VOD or less legal sites very soon.

What a strange hill for WB to die on.

Da fuck, they are not distancing themselves from Ezra? And yet they were quick to talk shit about Johnny Depp not too long ago after he won. Sad.

This is weird because they are not making the next Fantastic Beasts movie . Plus Ezra has been fired . All of their other Flash projects have been cancelled .

1 Like

There was no news about Ezra being fired

DiscussingFilm on Twitter: “Ezra Miller will not be a part of any future DC projects after ‘THE FLASH’ “regardless if there are more allegations or not.” There has currently been no decision made on how to deal with their involvement in ‘THE FLASH’. (Source: Deadline) https://t.co/j06TQfGtjc” / Twitter

So, still working for them on The Flash. Still involved, getting paid and used for marketing, even if one movie. Doesn’t make it better. If you say they already shot a lot of the movie, well then maybe edit and reshoot, they did that fine for the stupid Snyder Cut why not for an actual good reason this time.