Movies and TV shows thread

It’s part of the story that some of the main Japanese characters speak English, there will be many scenes in Japanese as you can see in the trailer already.

1 Like

Just saw the Bob Marley biopic. While I can absolutely appreciate him and the music, I’ve never been a big fan or “know it all” but I really enjoyed this. Maybe a hardcore fan would say different, who knows.

Well acted, great music. I wonder if the actor was singing or if it was Bob’s own voice, if the former it’s very impressive. I would have liked to have seen more of how he grew up, it would have made the movie longer but that’s fine. But it was good!

3 Likes

Has anyone watched True Detective season 4?

Finished it today and thought it was decent enough. I’d place it after S1 & S3 (never watched S2 because everyone said it’s terrible).

1 Like

finished it today and ngl I had to push myself to finish it. S1 >>> S3> S2 & Night country (S2 has some good dialogue and NC has a good setting but both have pretty stupid writing).

Watch Mare of Easttown if you want to watch a good crime drama detective series.

1 Like

Damn, really? That’s disappointing and surprising, after all that hype. I saw some outlets saying it was potentially better than S1, which is of course impossible, it was never gonna top that. But I was expecting it to be damn good. Still I’ll watch it of course.

A lot of outlets said that it starts strong but episode 3 & 4 derail pretty bad and 5 & 6 make up for it. Sadly they dont. I think its pretty telling that HBO named it “Night country” instead of S4.

1 Like

I’m enjoying Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Prime.

1 Like

Finally watched the marvels and really enjoyed it. Can definitely tell that one failed simply due to superhero fatigue, because that was a good time

1 Like

Aight. I’m gonna watch Madame Web.

Wish me luck.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to watching this one honestly. Just haven’t had time and hate theaters any more.

1 Like

https://x.com/FilmUpdates/status/1760354817065853138?s=20

1 Like

So after all the immense negativity, low ratings and down right hate…I can’t help but say Madame Web is aight, it’s decent.

Now I don’t know the source material at all, and if this is supposed to be a superhero movie, then it isn’t really that great but I expected complete trash after all the negativity.

I’m not saying it’s great, I definitely don’t think it is, but I’ve seen muuuuuuuuch worse movies. But then again, I was one of the few that enjoyed Morbius too. I will die on that hill. :grin:

2 Likes

To be honest I’m expecting to like Madame Web also. But I won’t know for a few months :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re waiting for it to drop on a streaming service? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that or go on sale at a price I’m OK with. One of the two

1 Like

This looks great will check it out.

I recommend Criminal Record which just finished yesterday on AppleTV. Great British detective crime drama, it is like True Detective in ways too!

Dune 2 in 30 minutes.

1 Like

Finally watched ep 4 of Halo season 2, there’s one thing that’s been made jarring this episode and it’s the look of the elites!! With the gritty realism of Reach and the fire fighting going on, the elites look out of place. They look too cartoonish.

Elites in general remind of The Predator, the movie Predators did a great job of showcasing a variety of different predator types. I wish they went more practical with some of the Elite fights then full CGI. It sort of just took me out of the fights seeing waves of mediocre cgi elites attacking the soldiers.

Beyond that, pretty good episode! Season 2 much better already then season 1.

1 Like

1 Like