Most wanted remaster/remake from Microsoft vault (XGS-Bethesda-Activision-Blizzard)?

Previous remasters/remakes:

(highlighted = graphics remade/modernized or new engine, not just a simple port with the old look)

• Goldeneye XBLA (unreleased as of now, by Rare)
  • Banjo-Kazooie XBLA (2008, by 4J Studios)
  • Banjo-Tooie XBLA (2009, by 4J Studios)
  • Perfect Dark XBLA (2010, by 4J Studios)
  • Halo CE Anniversary (2011, by Saber Interactive + Certain Affinity)
  • Fable Anniversary (2014, by Lionhead)
  • Halo 2 Anniversary (2014, by Saber Interactive + Certain Affinity + Blur Studio)
  • Gears of War Ultimate Edition (2016, by The Coalition)
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered (2016, by Raven Software)
  • Halo Wars: DE (2017, by Behaviour Interactive + 343 Industries)
  • Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (2017, by Vicarious Visions + Toys for Bob)
  • Age of Empires: DE (2018, by Forgotten Empires + Tantalus Media)
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (2018, by Toys for Bob)
  • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (2019, by Beenox + Vicarious Visions)
  • Age of Empires II: DE (2019, by Forgotten Empires + Tantalus Media + Wicked Wtich Software)
  • DOOM 64 (2020, by Nightdive Studios)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Campaign (2020, by Beenox)
  • Quake (2020, by Nightdive Studios)
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 (2020, by Vicarious Visions)
  • Age of Empires III: DE (2020, by Tantalus Media + World’s Edge)

What would be your most wanted remaster/remake (not just a port) from MS vault (XGS/Bethesda/Activision/Blizzard) for the next 5 years ?

I will start. My wishlist for top 5 remasters/remakes:

• 2008: Call of Duty: World at War (+ the ultimate Zombie experience as a F2P standalone like Warzone + Modern Warfare 2019 with its own storylines/lore, more maps, characters and timelines added along the time, I think this would have huge success)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

• 2007: Halo 3: Anniversary (as a Campaign DLC for Halo Infinite + a special map pack for Halo Infinite with 2 or 3 reimaginations like Last Resort)

• 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Remastered (give me those Battles of New York and Paris with next-gen graphics)

• 2010: Fallout: Return to New Vegas (full remake made with the Creation Engine 2 with the Legion cut content, a more fleshed out map, new quests and sprint/modern gunplay)

• 1998: Banjo-Kazooie (with the same concept as the cancelled Banjo X in 2005, game starts unchanged and then levels and gameplay setpieces change more and more as you progress)

6 Likes

Been watching a lot of Call of Duty videos lately and yeah Id love MW3 to wrap up the campaign again.

2 Likes

Rock N Roll Racing

2 Likes

Remake Guitar Hero as a live service game that constantly get new songs.

4 Likes

Gimmie Fable Anniversary: Anniversary for 2024. Nah but really, it’s gotta be the Fallout series. Have inXile handle remakes of 1 and 2 using their Wasteland engine and have someone use Creation engine 2 to remake 3 and New Vegas.

2 Likes

How would you even monetize this.

Season passes

Fusion frenzy. Bringing it to modern days with upgraded graphics and controls. Add characters from across IPs xbox has.

7 Likes

In terms of GaaS games, this one makes a lot of sense

Make it one game thats supported for years and years instead of pumping out a new game every other month and running it into the ground like Activision did with everything

The most difficult part would probably be convincing everyone to buy those plastic guitars again

2 Likes

It makes sense as a live service title but exactly how they’d handle it I’m not sure. One of the later Rock Bands was basically the obvious live service model I think - just a standard Rock Band game with a TON of songs you could buy. Honestly, I wasn’t a big fan. I like the curated list of songs, I don’t really want a massive massive roster where I can spend 3 bucks to buy one song. It all becomes too much. I could be in the absolute minority of that though. I feel if they were gonna bring back Guitar Hero they’d be better off finding an alternate method of monetization and add any new music to the game for free, but that isn’t the easiest task. Maybe you go the standard route and sell cosmetics and let people compete online? New costumes, new guitars, new UI themes.
Alternatively you could skip the live service model and Master Chief collection it and sell one massive game with all the games music rosters.

Top 5:

1. Fallout New Vegas.
  2. Fallout New Vegas.
  3. Fallout New Vegas.
  4. Fallout New Vegas.
  5. Fallout New Vegas.
9 Likes

Seconded. I have so much fun with this game.

2 Likes

I know it will probably never happen but Fallout New Vegas.

2 Likes

This would be more of a reboot than a remake.

Not hung up on the definition, if it falls more under reboot then I’m totally for it :+1:

1 Like
  1. Fallout: new vegas… And a remake of prototype, but who I am kidding, that ip is deader than death :c
3 Likes

project gotham racing

1 Like

Yea probably New Vegas.

A Morrowind remake would also be neat

1 Like

Halo 3 anniversary certain character models didn’t age well and who wouldn’t want that moment of chief and arby back to back in the blur treatment

Blackthorne tops the list for me. Followed by Gabriel Knight and Lost Vikings. Remakes or reboots. Wouldn’t really care for remasters. I’ve played thorough all three within the last five-ish years, and they hold up fine. I’m just curious to see the IPs renewed with modern tech and sensibilities.

1 Like