MLB The Show 21 launching into Game Pass Day ONE

If Sony had ANY input on this deal, the game wouldn’t be launching on Gamepass…

70 dollars on PS vs included within the subscription on Xbox.

It’s a terrible look for PR.

4 Likes

It’s official. Xbox and PlayStation are both bad for the industry.

This isn’t sustainable.

Burn it down!

the dark knight joker GIF

7 Likes

lmaaaaaaaaao

Does it really matter who’s decision it is. The optics are good for Xbox and all the toxic Sony fanboys will be crying over this.

1 Like

What do you even say at this point. Phil and Microsoft just can’t stop delivering.

1 Like

games you say?

2 Likes

I can see them going with that angle.

2 Likes

DAMN.

9 Likes

I completely agree that from a PR perspective this is a terrible look for Playstation.

PlayStation owners are going to look at it and ask why they have to spend $70 for a first party game while Xbox users who subscribe to Game Pass get it for ‘free.’ It also once again shows that PS Plus and Game Pass are different propositions to the consumer.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Boy that didn’t age well.

16 Likes

That’s awesome but this has taught me to never ever ever pre order a game ever again. I pre ordered after the beta never thinking it would hit gamepass, D’oh

1 Like

sony dev’s must be losing a lot of money from this… wait a second.

1 Like

Nothing is forever :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean you figure pre ordering a Sony 1st party game that went multi plat would be safe from hitting gamepass day one right? Nope

Think I’ll keep my pre order just because this is to damn funny and to teach me a lesson

1 Like

Cancel that preorder man! Just like Beyond Light and Outriders before it. Game Pass making preorders go up in smoke.

Bottom line to me:

This Sony-developed game is $70 on PS5. Not even $60, but $70.

Meanwhile it’s included with Game Pass on the competitor platform.

PS5 owners, do you feel like a first class citizen on your console? Do you feel like Sony is treating you as a valued member of their community?

Because I sure as hell feel like Microsoft is rolling out the red carpet for me on Xbox.

7 Likes

Plus, it is not a Smart Delivery game. They are really giving away both copies on Game Pass – something that didn’t happen with neither Control or NBA 2K21, since they were only the Xbox One copies.

5 Likes

The more I read about it, the more I’m seeing Sony had nothing to do with this and is not getting any money from it. MLB is publishing on Xbox, so they have the say on what happens on that platform at least at the time of the deal, so I figure as soon as the game was decided to come to Xbox, MS went directly to MLB to get it day 1 on GP.

Sony can’t do anything because the ultimatum was make the game multiplat or lose the rights to making the game anymore. Sony will have to continue making the game and selling it for 70 on PS5 and have minimal to no control on what happens with the game outside their ecosystem, at least when they’re not publishing it on the other platforms. If Sony wants this on PS Now or PS Plus, they simply gotta approach MLB and pay a fuckton of money as well. Let’s see if this forces their hand in any way or they continue going about unfazed.

Wouldn’t shock me if MS has a rolling deal where they replace it with 2022 in a years time.

Sony San Diego got defanged in the mouth of Playstation