MLB The Show 21 launching into Game Pass Day ONE

Definitely not Sony. MLB on xbox is being published by MLB themselves, so Sony most likely didn’t have any say in this

4 Likes

I never would have expected a Sony game coming to xbox, even less coming to game pass day 1.

this year brought us Xbox first party games launching on Playstation and Playstation first party games launching on Gamepass.

And it’s still fucking April.

6 Likes

Looks like the game is developed by Sony Studios but the Xbox version is published by MLB and not Sony

1 Like

Because MLB is publishing this. MLB took the money. Not Sony.

10 Likes

Exactly. The xbox version existing at all is also a decision by MLB and not Sony

I literally can’t even right now trying to think about this.

So you don’t think there’s a “You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” with Sony? A little Squid-Pro-Quo?

Ya. MLB would have realised that there is more money to be made if its on both platforms and if MLB does well on Xbox there wont be exclusivity in the future

Thanks for the clarification!

No exclusivity is already set. Sony had a multi year deal and when the deal expired MLB demanded the game to be multi in order for them to keep it.

2 Likes

If Mario came to Xbox in return for Banjo in Smash, would it be Switch-Pro Quo?

4 Likes

15 Likes

4 Likes

First great decision by MLB in awhile - universal DH next?

3 Likes

Sony must be desperate for money right now.

EDIT. So MLB have 100% say on xbox version. Cool. Sony only own the dev that makes it. They can’t do shit other than turn around and say we’re not making MLB anymore

Wait, which Xbox first party games do you mean? Psychonauts 2?

lol wtf

no, I meant Bethesda games (now first party) like Deathloop and Ghostwire launching exclusively on PS5 haha (on console side that is).

1 Like

:skull: