Mid-gen Xbox hardware roadmap leak (New 2TB XSX slim, new controller with haptics, gyro, speakers and quieter buttons), more info

From the FTC documents, someone made a mistake and did not redact the information:

Source (PDF)

Lots of info to parse through here. Xbox Series S seems to be getting a refresh, as well. The XSX slim also has an Xbox Design Labs sku, meaning it will be customizable, too. :eyes:

9 Likes

Holy FTC leaks, Batman!

Controller seems nice and i like the Mac Pro design. But i need a disc drive for my 360 games so the Series X stays.

3 Likes

The slim refresh

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1703994120937869528?t=-2setA6y3gusQZNnv9kKQA&s=19

It is looking cute though!

3 Likes

woah…

1 Like

Well well well.

CPU: ARM64 vs x64? They switching to ARM for 10th gen🤯

2 Likes

It says Zen 6 right after, could this be AMD and ARM working together? Or are they really just switching?

Then there’s the whole big CPU and little CPU cores being balanced? Would something like mixing ARM and Zen even be possible?

1 Like

Xbox consoles in design labs hype

2 Likes

FTC is incompetent. Microsoft is so going to have their asses for this.

9 Likes

No. That was the cancelled Project Keystone – the streaming stick device. It was scheduled for Q1 2023, but never saw the light of day.

4 Likes

Talking about $199 end of life Black Friday sales for the current Series S and I didn’t notice the $499 Series X has a 2TB SSD nice! But what do I do with my Halo Series X ;(

2 Likes

they are evaluating their options. nothing was decided as of the date of this presentation

Its big/little configuration with the same architecture like ARM or Intel already does to support low power (app) tasks.

Its for next year, 2024.

3 Likes

yeah i’m the same here, hopefully they have like a disc attachment we can use like for the rumoured one for Playstation. I have a lot of physical games on xbox so it would suck not to play them

2 Likes

chances are this thread gets nuked if MS’s employees go on the warpath about hosting images of it

9 Likes

The Streisand effect will be in full swing lol.

Bummer that after 4 years, XSX will still be $499. Ridiculous times.

1 Like

Who wants to have a guess how IGN will spin this all as a bad thing, as in the Xbox/controller/games.

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen: the GOAT controller.

2 Likes

lol if this is a pattern of behavior with the ftc… it could get really bad if anyone goes snooping around their other merger cases.

1 Like

The lack of WiFi 6 was puzzling so it’s great they addressed that but honestly I’m choked that there’s no rear mirrored buttons on the controller refresh, something that should have been standard from the start of the generation.

2 Likes

The issue surprisingly enough is scuff. They patented back buttons on controllers so anyone who adds them has to pay them a fee.

1 Like