Microsoft/Xbox Q3 earnings FY 2022. Gaming Revenue increased by 6%

I remember people said it can only maintain momentum if it has exclusives. There were no first party this whole quarter yet they still maintain momentum. Let’s not forget Xbox One momentum only lasted for like 3 months. Here, it’s going strong and no sign of slowing down.

3 Likes

I find it odd people are saying MS is selling more Xboxes because they are producing more; wasn’t Sony selling more PS5s early this gen only because they were producing more? If MS had produced more from the outset they’d be market leader as well right now.

1 Like

Facts

If MS didn’t divert a significant amount of chips for xCloud last year they’d be even closer. At this point as long as MS can ship more units than Sony they should be able to cut the lead down even further and I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to.

But I’m liking how MS is proudly stating they have been leading the last two quarters we need them to want to continue the streak.

1 Like

Xcloud for me is still no way near where it needs to be.

2 Likes

I tried using xCloud to play Scarlet Nexus a few months back and it was super laggy and I haven’t tried it again. It was a horrible experience.

Look up where your closest azure data center is.

I’m sort of close and xcloud is flawless for me, can even play fps games like it’s on local hardware online, no lag or delay at all for me

1 Like

On what device? Id suggest you give it another go bc if you were on ios or the pc app ive seen great experience improvements

1 Like

I don’t think I have a azure server that’s too close to me which is probably the problem.

I tried it using the browser on my iPhone.

Cloud has been good to me but yes, it needs more improvement. Nothing shame to say it’s flawed. They clearly wants to push more and with the report on usage of it, no doubt they will go forward.

1 Like

Ios saw massive improvements a few weeks ago. I think early March? No overheating, better performance, quicker login etc

1 Like

They need to up it to 4k for sure, but latency wise for me it’s perfect

If that’s the case, the playstation brand is not as strong as the fanboys keep telling us. If the playstation brand was strong, people would just wait to buy a playsation instead of plucking down $$$ to buy an xbox.

You hear lots of stories online of people buying Xboxes because they can’t get PS5s, which is exactly what you are saying. I think MS is in a good spot right now, just gotta keep doing whatever it is they are doing as it is definitely working!

3 Likes

Don’t listen to the fanboys console war online.

Remember years of them saying GamePass isn’t sustainable because people are just paying “$1” a month apparently.

People everywhere are swarming to get a similar deal now with ps now and plus, and I don’t see a single mention of sustainability

3 Likes

Amazing turnaround. This is the Xbox I always envisioned. Just took ten years longer then expected.

1 Like

You said it. Ever since I joined Xboxera I’ve seen references to “the other place” and “Otherera” and how it was overflowing with those kinds of people. And having never been a member there I must admit I was curious, so a while back I made an account…

…and ended up being surprised at how little of that sort of thing I saw. I haven’t really gone back much since, but I did today in light of this news. And while I can’t say it was a river of shit or anything, there were some… unique takes.

Of course there’s the expected stuff about how these results have more to do with low PS5 stock than good Xbox sales, etc, etc. But I think my favourite was someone saying they suspected Sony was holding back stock in order to flood the market come Christmas shopping time. Oh, and someone implied that this somehow proves competition isn’t good for the consumer? I didn’t really follow the “logic” in that one.

Anyway, to bring it back to the point about not paying attention to console warring: While I admit browsing those kinds of comments has some entertainment value, it’s a bit like watching trashy reality television. In that it doesn’t take long before you develop an icky feeling, accompanied by a sense that your brain is turning to mush.

So, yeah. I’ll not seek that sort of thing out again.

2 Likes

The truth is the news should only reflects itself and nothing more. It shouldn’t be the case of “Xbox is doing great! PS is doom” or any “console war” speaking. That’s what I wish to see from others to speak on and not “PS only matters in profit” or any some sort.

It would be nice if the company shared some details about Xbox software “games” like how other companies are doing. Let’s say; how many copies sold of some IPs, how many AAA planed for the next period … etc.

What do you need this information for

1 Like