Microsoft/Xbox Q3 earnings FY 2022. Gaming Revenue increased by 6%

If you come into an “xbox is doing well” thread with “what if Sony did better though?” I’m running low on patience.

SILENCE

16 Likes

Yes, I understand you’re saying there are unforeseen circumstances that helped there, but you know what, that probably always happened. PS4 was helped by circumstances too, and so was the Xbox 360, and PS2.

6 Likes

Yeah definitely seems like it.

https://twitter.com/DomsPlaying/status/1519076158393962505?t=PtrX-bIZUQhrqJFxBluiTQ&s=19

1 Like

They had to start over from scratch in Europe too. This is impressive af.

2 Likes

Yeah she just mentioned about China lockdowns going into May which will effect production for consoles and surface.

3 Likes

Xbox has been hit by shortages as well, let’s not pretend otherwise. Regardless of chip priority, Sony also decided to reduce its yield viability by making late-game design decisions.

This is also the case, it doesn’t do any good to entertain hypotheticals or use them as excuses. Things are the way they are and in reality, if people didn’t want Xbox, they wouldn’t be buying them, it’s that simple.

Also, as I’ve said many a time, this isn’t a zero-sum game; Xbox doing well doesn’t mean Sony or Nintendo isn’t. I’m reality, they’re all doing fantastically, especially considering all the economic detriments the last two years have levied. I’ll always argue that the market and all it’s beneficiaries do better when all succeed.

13 Likes

The thing people simply forget is yeah sure MS could be making a shit ton more consoles than Sony and that’s why they are gaining market share but you are forgetting one thing, for the console to sell someone has to want it and let’s be honest last generation people didn’t really want a Xbox.

5 Likes

No, no people are forced to spend hundreds of dollars on a console they don’t want. Or so I’ve been told.

14 Likes

Phil had me at gunpoint at EB Games oh shi

15 Likes

They’re also forced to play games modes for cosmetics on those consoles they don’t want…

10 Likes

So SAD! This has to stop! It’s like that mandatory Game Pass sub you have to sign up for, pure evil.

9 Likes

The sign of a great product that has high popularity potential is that it solves problems for consumers, or giving consumers value they never knew they wanted.

The Series S & Game Pass are exactly that, on top of that, the Series S, seemingly unintentionally, solved for an additional problem manufacturers themselves never knew they were gonna face by being an easier and cheaper to produce console in a situation of chip shortages.

When you realize that, It’s no wonder Xbox is doing so well despite them still not even nearing half their appeal and potential.

4 Likes

Feels good to have a Xbox nowadays

6 Likes

5 Likes

We should ask the POTUS to step in! Soon they will have a monopoly and everyone will fall victim to Xbox.

7 Likes

Sigh

2 Likes

Yep. This generation is really looking like a win-win-win thing where the industry has matured enough for multiple competitors to thrive.

5 Likes

Damn I’m soft. he only pulled a butter knife on me.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I remember how much shit and trolling Phil got for his “We are committed to building an industry-leading first party development team” at E3.

Its a bit lucky with Series S but not unintentionally. Series S was developed with the background of rising risks and costs in semiconductors. The current chip shortages are one (extreme) manifestation of theses risks. A device which is simpler, cheaper and easier to produce is just less effected with manufacturing problems.

4 Likes