Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

Would be nice to get some of those punch cards once in a while…

2 Likes

Sorry buddy, maybe some day.

Can confirm that it works, for anyone interested. I grabbed Tales of Arise and Sonic Mania for ~$49 and got 4000x2 points, hopefully the $5 gift card is on its way as well. Got 7% cash back from using Bing Rebates too :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, they don’t care about global customers very much.

1 Like

Hopefully, this gen will see an increase in userbase and market share, and they’ll expand their services :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah, they won’t reach their 3 billion users in the US alone so I think they will improve heh.

2 Likes

Punch cards are available in Canada, so there’s hope yet.

1 Like

Most of Rewards stuff is available here in Germany and easily pays for my Game Pass sub :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m just under a million for lifetime. Hopefully will hit it this month still.

1 Like

I can’t get this month’s monthly quest to pop - repair an object in Prey. I’ve repaired a few different things - a fabricator, a couple of turrets, an elevator’s power supply - but the quest still shows uncompleted. Anyone tried this one?

I haven’t attempted the Prey quest, but you’re not alone in not getting it to unlock:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftRewards/comments/xvztcf/prey_quest_not_unlocking/

2 Likes

Bah. NHL 22 for the weekly quests requires the Xbox One version. I was wondering why it was asking me to install it when it was already.

Not about Game Pass Quests, but more a word about the Microsoft Reward programs being simply amazing. I redeemed an earlier season reward and some MS Rewards points to extend Xbox Game Pass Ultimate out until September 2025!

It’s been an absolute amazing steal of a deal. Even more so when I realize just how little I’ve paid for Gold/GamePass over the decades.

The last charge for GamePass Ultimate was $1.08 in June 2019 for the conversion. Before that was $1 for GamePass trial in 2017. The charges before those two were $0 back in 2011 for 5 orders of Xbox Live Gold Family - 12 Month plans that would have lasted until 2016. Yes, it was $0 orders. They charged $1.00 added $0.08 tax and credited $1.08 all in the same order.

All other Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass, or Game Pass Ultimate extensions since 2011 have been through Microsoft Reward programs.

3 Likes

Ive just been disappointed that the game purchase punchcards have essentially disappeared this year. There used to be the 6000pt card for new releases relatively often. I can’t remember a single one from this year. Most of them have been replaced by 150pt cards for getting an achievement in new releases.

3 Likes

I wonder if those were more tied to titles Microsoft had the marketing promotion rights to, so maybe some will happen down the road when they’re close to release. Or if they’ve cut back on them while inflation is on the rise, preferring to keep the 10% instead of return it as rewards.

This makes me curious how this is handled from an accounting perspective. Are redeemed points assigned a dollar value? Is that even an acceptable accounting practice? When Phil Spencer says that Game Pass represents 10-15% of Xbox revenue, are memberships like yours in some roundabout way included in that?

It sounds weird that “free” memberships would be included, but at the same time I feel like accounting math sometimes belong to the black arts.

Maybe customer engagement resulting from a rewards program can be translated into a dollar value on a company’s balance sheet? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I cannot remember any from this year, not recently anyway, and it’s a big disappointment. Even things like battle points and battlepasses now they are offering pittance compared to what they used to.

I guess we can’t grumble because it is cashback effectively which is better than nothing but they have really dropped the ball this year.

I don’t think so. There was one for Resident Evil Village when it released and they definitely didn’t have marketing right for it.

1 Like

I was hoping to see one for Persona 5 Royal, but I guess maybe its absence is a sign that they’re gone for good.

After seeing some people on Twitter saying they were buying games with Rewards I’ve decided I really should do more with this. A long while back I did some things with it and I still have 6.000 points, so that’s a nice start.

But there’s one thing I don’t get. I need to complete 50 searches on Bing. I managed to get 5/50 but now no matter how many random things I click on in the Edge or Bing app on Xbox (while logged into my account) it isn’t going further than 5. What am I doing wrong?

Clicking doesn’t sound like searching to me