Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

They have revised things for most markets this month. They also have some beta stuff for the UK with different rewards or rewards in the Xbox App for PC or tablet.

So there’s even less points for non-Americans now?

1 Like

Ya there isnt and weirdly the “Play a gamepass game” quest is worth 3 points for me instead of 5. 3 is such a weird number

The monthly is still worth the same as it was for me (in the US). I think the weekly is worth the same too. I’m not sure when they will roll out the Xbox App daily points to other regions. When they do, we may end up with more points potential than we had before. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Yup, nerfed.

I think materially there isn’t a huge point loss but yeah, it sucks.

Edit: Do want to point out that a new weekly quest appeared today, so maybe it’s just not all showing up at once? It’s weird.

The quest for logging into the mobile App only worked like half the time for me. So this is not a huge loss.

2 Likes

Sure, it’s minor. But every point counts, even moreso if you’re not American.

2 Likes

Yeah, we don’t get much here in the first place.

1 Like

If you’re in the UK you get points for loading the Xbox App and having it linked on social media, so they have expanded on the points for non-US users. Hopefully they roll those changes out to other non-US regions.

I’m in the US so I’m still getting my 18K - 20K monthly reward points totals. The loss of points on daily mobile login amounts to all of 155 points for 31 days. The loss of going from 5 points to 3 points is 62 points for 31 days. Over an entire year that’s only 2,685 less points which is absolutely nothing to be upset over as this is entirely a free rewards program. Especially when I’ll still have anywhere from 216K - 240K points for the year. It’s amazing that I can redeem 3 months of GPU with just 2 months of the program.

2 Likes

JFC.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s obscene.

I also run a reward account for my sister/niece/nephew GamePass upkeep but don’t get nearly that amount cause I don’t do the mobile or xbox activities. Then I have a tiny account tied to my work account which only does the Monday-Friday Bing activities. I can’t think of the last time I truly paid for any game on Xbox. This goes back to 2016 maybe earlier.

Don’t cry when you see the following account summary:

4 Likes

That is insane. Just insane.

The disparity between regions is freaking embarassing. I usually get like 2-3k /month. If i did absolutely everything I might get another 1k maybe. Shit, don’t know why I bother tbh, fun to be a C-tier customer!

3 Likes

Wtf how?

1 Like

But with these changes i have better chances of getting the 1.000 points quest done. Before it often didn’t work out because you needed these points from mobile login which was broken most of the time (at least here in Germany).

And wow @Brit you are fleecing Microsoft. Nice. I’m here at 325.000 lifetime points. Still nice, pays for Game Pass Ultimate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I make about 15-20K points a month as well. MS Rewards really is insane for those of us in the US. Never had to pay for Game Pass because of it. I’ve got a daily streak of more than 700 days at this point, which is almost two years. Not quite at your level but here are my stats:

4 Likes

Cries in Australia. Get no where near those numbers each month

1 Like

If you think that’s bad, get ready to hear about Bing Rebates

Also gang, definitely do the Ambassador stuff, it’s well worth it for little effort. I started last January and already “earned” 5 free months of GPU. I was able to get to level 4 in about a year’s time too so it’s even less effort now!

2 Likes

Not far behind on the old points totals. I’ve also been a bit more laid back about doing the mobile dailies recently so dropped some points here and there. Currently on a 344 day streak and 122 week streak on the xbox app. :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

It looks like there’s some overlap between the Ultimate Game Sale and Anime punchcards. Hoping I can get $40 worth of stuff and have it count for both!

2 Likes