Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

I can understand the reductions with them expanding it to so many new regions but 1 point rewards, come on lol

I’m looking at my 300 daily mobile points like

Survive

1 Like

I see that 5 pts are affected but 10 remains. Odd move but at least the bigger one still remain. I hope.

Thought this was an edit to poke fun at the reductions but this is actually real. :skull:

1 Like

This. I hate corporate speech like that. Points being nerfed was inevitably going to happen, but they’re overdoing it with the search slowdowns and 1 point tiles, and we should be vocal about that.

My thought is the intent of search rewards is to get people to actually use their product, which folks (myself included) are not doing when they slam in a bunch of random useless searches.

So while the slowdown sucks, I acknowledge from day 1 that my search for “cast of XYZ” and clicking through the names is not only providing them no value, it’s providing them negative value by muddying up their data. I actually remember reading them saying that people use it often to look for the cast of shows and kinda chuckled inside lol.

2 Likes

100%

Their goal is obviously for people to set Bing as their default search engine and that way accumulate the points organically. So I fully understand putting in a slowdown in order to encourage that behaviour.

And as someone who is actually using Bing as my default I suggest everyone give it a try. For the vast majority of searches it’s just as good as Google. It’s true that once in a while I do find Bing lacking, but then it’s easy to do a quick Google to see if I can find the information through there.

But for simple, factoid stuff like cast lists or dates or geography or whatever, Bing has never failed me.

1 Like

I’m told it’s also good for licentious searches.

(I use DuckDuckGo for privacy reasons)

Cooldown isn’t long enough if you’re working rotating through 3 different browsers with 3 different accounts… :thinking:

So now you need to search 3 times before you get points lmao.

No. You didn’t understand.

You run 3 different accounts to gain 3 times the reward points with essentially no cooldown on searches. :sunglasses: :moneybag:

I don’t do this but I do something similar by having my partner use his points to gift me games we both want to play.

2 Likes

I remember someone on reddit like 6 months ago saying they were making like 120k points every month through 5 different accounts or something

Desktop searches aren’t working for me right now.

DuckDuckGo uses Bing as its engine.

Sad to see how much points have been nerfed, at least there’s the 1000 jigsaw again now, so let’s see how different the things actually are before I meltdown.

But I did notice in the bing app now the other activities are down from 10 pts to 2/2/1 pts which sucks

Aaaaand his rewards account just got banned despite me checking with support to make sure that was within the TOS.

This is just too frustrating and is hurting my perception of Microsoft. I’m going to cash out and look into PC gaming.

2 Likes

I’m good with one account. IIRC they will ban people for maintaining multiple user accounts per household.

2 Likes

Today is a ban wave.

Found this on Reddit.

2 Likes

Wait, you can’t have more than one MS account per household?

Actually it’s up to 6.

1 Like