Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

Yeah it’s gone for me, but isn’t worth many points. It seems like there are less activities

Same here, it’s gone.

So that’s another nerf… Reminds me of GwG, the slow death.

Definitely. It’s just a little bit here and there but it adds up.

I’m still getting an easy 500+ per day thanks to searches and mobile app bonuses but that’s gotta be on the way out soon so i’ll take advantage while I can

250 points alone for playing a PC game in multiplayer is way too generous considering the other small stuff they’ve been scrapping

I thought my points weren’t registering but it appears I was searching too quickly. Did they implement a timer reset? Would make the 50 searches a day (30 on PC, 20 on mobile) a lot slower… Also the 12 daily Bing points have disappeared for me here in Germany.

Looks like a 5 second cool down on searches, noticed it last night in the UK, waited between each search and it worked.

They’re slowly killing it, I do wonder with these changes if I’ll be able to sustain my 10k points a month for the auto redeem of ultimate

5 second wait between searches, it’s over for me guys.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s slow af on PC, and mobile I couldn’t get to register at all. Edge points are gone and so are daily streaks.

The funny thing is that my phone is getting so slow that it takes 3 to 5 seconds to refresh the page so not much is going to change for me due to my 6-year-old phone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I usually did these during loading screens and trying to get into online matches.

But I can totally see why people would be turned off by this. And of course I see why Microsoft did it.

In Canada we are missing a lot of the stuff that you guys have in the US, stuff like 250 points for playing a multiplayer game online on PC (If I understand that challenge correctly). And at the rate I’m going, I only get around 15K per month when I do things pretty religiously. I use that for GPU.

But I did the math and it looks like it takes around 5 minutes of effort everyday (optimized) plus some actions done during loading screens so I don’t consider that lost-time. But when I do the math that’s 5 times 30, meaning 150 minutes of effort for something that equates to $17 Canadian.

So I was thinking that it would almost make sense spending those 2 hours doing something else and just pay the $17 a month for GPU. Now, if it was more like how it was in the US, then I wouldn’t be considering this.

Because I do indie game dev and contract work that is sporadic, my entertainment spending is sporadic and tight. These points have been great and I’m pretty grateful for this. So I think I’ll keep doing this. But yeah if you do the math, it’s almost worth it to work 2 hours at minimum wage at some random job instead of pursuing this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Damn, daily streaks are gone, too? :confused: EDIT: We still have daily streaks here in Germany.

I always thought MS Rewards was great when it took me almost no time and I could finance Game Pass Ultimate by it while drinking my morning coffee. I’m not sure I want to bother with it now anymore.

I believe we have reached the end of the road for me. At least as far as actively engaging with the rewards. I’ll let it keep auto-redeeming GP Ultimate as the points naturally build, but no more putting any effort in for me.

I have GP Ultimate built up till 1/10/2025, that’ll have to do.

Yeah, the times where Rewards paid for my Game Pass subscribtion are finally over. That was a good run :crying_cat_face:

I’m still getting 500+ points minimum everyday despite all the recent nerfs

I’m sure that will be nerfed further in the future, especially the play with friends bonus as it seem extremely generous compared to everything else but i’ll keep grinding, pretty easy work for a free console next gen

2 Likes

Basically a non-statement. Thanks for posting, it’s nice to hear from “Microsoft Officials” (though I wouldn’t be surprised to learn this was a canned AI response lol)

2 Likes

Makes sense that the overall experience would lower in quality when you consider how much regions they’ve expanded too. Understandable sacrifice if it means regions who couldn’t access it before get to use it now.

4 Likes

I’d be fine with fewer points, just don’t make me waste my time! (I finally got hit with the cooldowns and I’m not taking well)

1 Like

I’m done with it personally but I’ll continue to do the quizzes and such lol. It’s so ingrained me to do it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Best to say that we had it too good for too long. We’ll see how it is down the road, but what we accustomed to for a long time is no more.

2 Likes

Saw this on Reddit. :skull: