Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

Is anyone having issues with searches not counting? Since yesterday afternoon my searches on a couple machines haven’t counted.

I’ve had to be extra slow between searches in order for the total to increase the past couple days. Normally I could click through the trending list rather quickly, but not now.

I haven’t really been able to figure out what’s wrong, but it seems like my mobile searches are unaffected, but for some reason my desktop and Edge searches aren’t incrementing correctly, but also aren’t stuck at 0. Also my Xbox Rewards app and Rewards websites were showing different totals, so maybe it is working but the website is behind/incorrect?

Searches have been off for lots of people the last few days, my totals on my mobile app were also completely different from my desktop

My points do seem to be counting for my total now though

2 Likes

That’s reassuring. Thanks.

I know it’s annoying to read “works on my machine” but I figure the extra data point can’t hurt. Hope it resolves soon!

If someone is too lazy to do the mobile searches, I wrote this Python script (@BRiT can laugh at my poor programming skills) to automate the searches, I use Firefox as my default browser with the ‘Mobile View Switcher’ extension installed.

import numpy as np
import time
import webbrowser

with open("words.txt", "r") as file:
    word_list = np.asarray(file.readlines())
    words = word_list[np.random.randint(low=1, high=len(word_list), size=20)]

for word in words:
    word = word.rstrip("\n")
    webbrowser.open("https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U504DF&PC=U504&q=" + word)
    time.sleep(5)
5 Likes

This will likely get you soft banned at some point. Not speaking from experience or anything :face_with_peeking_eye:.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool, though I do think they have in their terms that if they catch you doing stuff along these lines they can kick you out. I’d suggest having your sleep be a more random number and having a good (very long) list of words that it picks 20 from

4 Likes

I’ll just caution to be careful with any forms of automation.

If may be safer and just as quick to create a Collection or Bookmark List that you an open with a click with the set number of tabs open to searches.

4 Likes

I’ve been using it for years, but I also do my normal desktop Bing searches throughout the day without the script, so I still seem like a legitimate user I guess.

Yeah, I added this sleep function as it stopped registering them recently. Randomizing the interval sounds like a good idea. The words file has 25000 words, it should be fine on that front.

3 Likes

That collection idea is cool. Hadn’t thought of that.

BTW, may be a US only thing, but does anyone else do the msn weather tree planting thing? Takes a long time to get the points but if you search a couple times a day you get points toward them paying to plant a tree. I think I’m up to 10 or so since last year.

2 Likes

Cool, it looked like it probably had a few in there, but yeah that’s probably a good number.

1 Like

Yeah, I was good for a couple of years and got hit for the first time this summer. I was using a selenium approach so it was easier to detect, but think I’ve seen cases where people get soft banned for even using the collection approach that @BRiT mentioned, which I’m pretty sure your method would be indistinguishable from. They’ve definitely been clamping down on it in the recent months, so just be careful. Something I’d honestly like to see is a solution that sourced search terms from ChatGPT.

2 Likes

If it happens, then it happens. For me gaming such systems is always part of the fun. Mobile searches are frustrating as I use my phone almost exclusively for calling, besides sometimes I do them and it turns out I’m not logged in…

Still, I changed the last line to

time.sleep(np.random.uniform(5,20))

just to be safer lol. My account might still be flagged, who knows, I won’t sleep over it.

1 Like

I dont bother with a script, I just speed search. Click search bar, type letter, hit enter, rinse, repeat. Basically one finger on the mouse to click, thumb hover over the enter key.

1 Like

So with the changes coming up for Rewards, I have one question…

Surely our current points just carry over, right? I have like 50.000 points now, maybe use that for a game but I am in no hurry.

https://x.com/idlesloth84_/status/1727661154602762431?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

The current app is utter trash and doesn’t even work for me anymore, I’d be fine with them doing it all through the rewards section on the dashboard, less apps the better

2 Likes

They never expire.

image-6

3 Likes