Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

Maybe there’s less incentive in North America since the majority of Bing users are here.

The data from Europe and other regions are understandably more useful.

Oh wow, yeah that’s a lot.

Yeah, it seems like it is varying a lot between different regions and countries. Common theme seems to be to nerf Xbox users though.

Feels bad man. I want to get nearly 300 points per day for playing Halo Infinite too.

:smiling_face_with_tear:

I guess I won’t be wasting my time with the achievement anymore… very disappointing. This encourages players to try game pass games but at 5 points I don’t think anyone will bother with it anymore. Ugh… I guess I got addicted to doing the game pass achievement each day and now I feel there isn’t much point. This makes me sad. Ok I am done. Anyone else feel the same way?

That’ sick. But also, US gets like what 150 points for PC searches (vs. 102) and 100 for mobile search (vs 60) and edge search 20 (vs 12). I think that’s right? That’s vs Sweden.

Yeah I noticed this yesterday. I didn’t get it done every single day but 50 points was worth going a little out of my way for. 5 points, I won’t even bother thinking about it, I’ll just play what I would have normally played anyway and if I get some points, cool.

Odd take perhaps, but I for one am actually kinda, sorta happy about it.

Far too often have I decided NOT to do something I was pretty sure would net an achievement, in order to save it for tomorrow.

Meaning, instead of going through that final door and thereby beating a level, or collecting flag #100, or whatever, I’ve chosen to quit playing. Even though I would have really preferred to keep at it.

Kinda nuts for what is in effect just a few cents? Yes. But tell that to my brain.

So it’s kinda nice to not have that reward act as a deterrent to keep playing.

3 Likes

They don’t want to give out reward points anymore, it seems to be an industry wide thing.

They have seriously nerfed it, wow.

I can’t complain as I still earn enough points in a month to get nearly 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate using the auto-redeem reward cost. Most reward programs you have to work at for a year before earning enough for maybe a one to two months perks.

If you gonna nerf anyone, nerf the US. They shouldn’t even complain. I’m just getting access to some things you’ve had for years. And I get less for it? Holy moly.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I can just enjoy GP games now at whatever pace I prefer instead of trying to save an achievement for the next day.

2 Likes

I was the exact same, so many times id get an achievement and just stop playing until the next day, it was a really terrible mentality to get into

I haven’t been able to unlock xbox rewards for months now though so in a way it was a blessing as it let me just play games again without thinking about 50 point rewards each day

3 Likes

Screenshot 2023-11-08 210348

I’m Canadian

1 Like

Didn’t even know US gets that much until now. I’m in Canada too.

From Australia and its the same amounts here too

The daily set has now been added in Sweden, never had that before. So That’s a nice change at least.

Edit: and just like that, the daily set is gone :sweat: I guess they’re tweaking things globally by the day.

1 Like

I’ve been getting separate daily sets in Edge and Firefox, not sure which one counts towards the streak, so I do both.

Eg. today:

Edge

Firefox

I think it’s because of the convoluted language/region settings on my PC, still hilarious

Less hilarious is that MS now somehow recognizes the automated searches I’ve been doing with a JS script, annoying.

2 Likes

Just be careful that they don’t think you are in two different location, I was locked out of my xbox mobile app rewards as well as all my xbox console quests for the past 5 months because they seemed to think I was somewhere I wasn’t

I think it was an IP issue but still

2 Likes