Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

I don’t understand why NHL 22 was used for the weekly. 23 is available on Game Pass isn’t it?

1 Like

Not just NHL 22, but the Xbox One version, specifically! Literally jumped into a match and immediately quit out…sorry to the poor person who I matched with, but the reward popped.

2 Likes

I kind of get the Xbox One thing. Given that the game isn’t available in XCloud they don’t want to limit it to Current Gen only.

Oh no, the new weekly mission is again from Assassin’s Creed Origins where you have to gain a level or avenge a player. Same mission as last year and still not working. After losing 500 points last month (support never responded), it looks like I have to lose this 250 as well. Seriously, I’m getting really tired of this program…every week it always has problems.

So close… :rofl:

4 Likes

Huh. They removed the 3-month option here in Canada months ago. We only have the 1-month codes now.

1 Like

:eyes: YIKES! I wouldn’t have thought they’d yank the 3 Months anywhere.

The last removal in the US was a few years now with the 12 month GPU codes going byebye.

I think 3-month xbox live works out to a better points/GPU days after the conversion. I think it ends up adding 50 -days of GPU.

Last time I did the math it was only better IF they had discounted events on the XBL codes, which I hadn’t seen in years. I’ll give it a look when I’m on the PC.

The 3 months GPU is better than XBL Gold for an active GPU subscription.

Here’s the math using the Gold Reward Tier discount in the US. For active GPU accounts, the 3 Month GOLD redeems to 50 days of GPU.

35,000 Rewards = 1* 3 months GPU = 90 Days GPU = 388.88 points per day

40,000 Rewards = 2* 3 month XBL Gold = 100 Days GPU = 400 points per day

However, it's possible that PC GamePass is slightly better deal than GPU. The redemption chart doesn't list 3 months PC GP, but the 1 month redeems the same as Xbox GamePass. So if that carries through then 3 months PC GP becomes 2 months GPU.

140,000 Rewards = 4* 3 Months GPU = 365 Days GPU = 383.56 points per day

136,500 Rewards = 6* 3 Months PC GP = 365 Days GPU = 373.97 points per day

3 Likes

Oh, it must be because we don’t have the 3 month GPU here (Canada). Although it look like they both work out to 400 pts per day, so it might not be worth the trouble.

Edit: Wait. It’s only 15000 pts for 3 months of XBL here. that must be the difference.

1 Like

Way back when they sometimes had “flash bargains” where the 3 Months Gold Live was as low as 15,000 sometimes 12,000 points. That drastically changes the math. But I haven’t seen any of those in well over 4 years now.

Oh hrm, so how many points is 3 months of GPU in Canada - Is it still 35,000 ?

We don’t have the 3 month option. Just 1 month at 12000 pts.

1 Like

For Canada and those datapoints, redeeming 3 Months Gold is the better deal by far and away.

36,000 Rewards = 3* 1 Month GPU = 90 Days GPU = 400 points per day

30,000 Rewards = 2* 3 Month Gold = 100 Days GPU = 300 points per day

1 Like

Unsure if it’s Canada only, but monthly reward quest went down from 2000 points to 1000 points. It seems they’re lowering a lot of points that can be earned in the program

1 Like

I’ve noticed this drop generally in the US a while ago. The larger monthly rewards are smaller. They have a few more of the really tiny things, worth maybe 50 to 100 points range, but overall I’d estimate the drop from the 2000 for the single easy quest down to maybe 1200 AT MOST bundled together.

2 Likes

Yeah, bummer monthly quest cut in half. Also the monthly movie purchase reward is gone as well.

1 Like

Rewards are completely busted for me now, the only thing that works are bing related stuff like searches and the daily sets

The reward app on xbox says it’s not available in my region, the GP rewards section on my xbox is completely missing now and the Rewards section on the mobile app went from telling me “I was on the go” to straight up not even appearing anymore

and now on top of all that, my xbox is now telling me that “cloud gaming isn’t available in my area” even though I’m in the UK and have been using it for the past year

What a freakin mess

I was wondering if it was just me . I feel that’s a big mistake because only reason I chose to buy from Microsoft store over iTunes, Amazon or google was because of punch card

Yeah I would make sure it was a movies anywhere title because I predominantly use my Apple TV for movies, but it guaranteed I’d buy from them at least once a month.

1 Like