Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

I should have also said that is how I saw subscriptions work in the USA.

Oh, did some more reading and found the following:

Note: In the following countries, you can cancel your subscription, and depending on the subscription length you may be entitled to a prorated refund. See Countries with prorated refunds for Microsoft subscriptions for more information.

Any subscription length - Canada, Israel, Korea, and Turkey

Subscriptions longer than 1 month and renewed - Denmark, Finland, Germany (purchases on or after March 1, 2022), Netherlands, Poland, and Portugal

As a callout note on the following page:

1 Like

Man, they keep making rewards worse and worse. They will still be generally obtainable for people who are doing it every week but this month:

• The 500 point reward was increased from one achievement to three achievements for one of the listed games

• The 2000 point monthly was increased from three achievements to five and completing three weekly sets instead of one. However, there are less tasks.

• There is a comically bad 200 point reward that wants you to download the Disney + app and stream the madolorian, check out the Star Wars game collection, and….buy or rent a Star Wars movie. For 200 points? When we have Disney plus …that has all the Star Wars movies.

3 Likes

Gets worse every year.

YEAH, i think i am 95% of the way to getting 2000 rewards this month, so i checked out what i needed to do and one of them was utterly impossbile. if it’s engagement, then i guess i am doing it automatically, but to get the quests and aim for them, it’s a bit farcical. are they just going for those “gaming” for the rewards only, then what’s the point

Those challenges that will get you 500 points are cool. Several big games to choose from to get three achievements.

The 500 points challenge is not monthly, is it like a random thing?

I’m making more points than ever thanks to the mobile app so I’m not gonna complain

For some strange reason I don’t have a Rewards app in my Play store.

It’s just in the Xbox app.

I think there’s much more points available, but it also requires a lot more work now.

And here I thought Xbox killed off a division for the sake of ABK.

It might just be decent luck on my part, but I’ve found them more tedious than difficult.

Black Desert: get however many XP - tedious game, I had already made a character for past quests so it was a matter of killing enough goblins.

Dishonored 2: get 17 stealth kills - Again, not difficult. Get through the opening sequence and there are 2 dudes you can kill, then reload 8 times.

Injustice 2: win 10 matches - Button mashing against an AI on easy got me through.

Stardew Valley: catch 30 fish - Got lucky on this, since I had an end-game save. Starting from scratch would surely be too big a pain.

Aragami 2: KO 15 enemies - Like Black Desert, I had a save from before. I think the intro was fairly long, but the game is pretty forgiving and I got the points after killing myself to reset the level.

Madden: Play 4 online matches - I hate the ones that make you engage with other players. Thankfully, you still get credit if you quit immediately, and 2 people did that to me before I got the chance so I didn’t feel guilty for messing with someone who just wants to play. I also got credit for a network error during a search.

Mass Effect Andromeda: kill 25 enemies - Found a guide on the subreddit that made it easy. Infinitely spawning enemies that die with 2 melee attacks and PC can’t die.

I think that’s everything. I totally understand if that’s too much time/energy for what works out to like $0.25, though.

1 Like

Ah right, we discussed this a while back. I don’t have that in the app either. Probably a thing only got some countries I guess.

I don’t know if may help and I didn’t read the conversation about it, But here in Brazil I didn’t have those xbox app rewards either, until I starded using the xbox beta, them those rewards suddenly showed up, might me worth a shot.

The app is called Xbox Beta? I’ll check it out tomorrow morning. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I installed it, but I don’t see anything about rewards in the app sadly. Where exactly do you see it?

Yes, that’s the name. For me it’s on the first tab of my profile.

3 Likes

Ah I see.

I only have posts, achievements, about.

Guess they don’t have it here.

• A Plague Tale Requiem
  • Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
  • Contrast
  • Dreamscaper
  • Dishonored DotO
  • Chorus
  • Moonscars
  • Recore
  • Dreamlight Valley

For the 500 points I’m gonna need three achievements. Which of these games gets me them the fastest and easiest?

Possibly Contrast?

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people recommend Contrast. I think I remember reading it can be done in 10-15 minutes.

Edit: I just looked at my trophies from when I played it on PS+ and my first 3 trophies were within 11 minutes of each other, so that seems about right (depending on how long it took to get that first one).

2 Likes

I did Contrast too.

First achievement: Almost immediately. Jump out of the room and merge into the wall.

Second achievement: Soon after the above, you’ll have to walk up some shadows to reach a balcony. Grab the shiny thing (luminary?). In the next area, go up some conveyer-belt-like shadows and then onto the shadow of a bike’s pedals. Jump up to another balcony where you’ll find the second shiny. If you see the cabaret, you’ve gone too far.

Third achievement: Once you’ve gone inside the cabaret, you’ll have to project two spotlights onto the stage, I don’t think you can mess it up. Afterwards, go up to the stage and climb up the shadow on the left (saxophone player) to reach the third spotlight. Fix it and project to the stage. After a scene, go through the glowing door, watch (or skip) another scene, and leave the cabaret.

And you’re done. I spread it out across a few days to double dip with Achieve More Earn More. The game doesn’t support Quick Resume though.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to give Contrast a shot but just never got around to doing so, great chance now. Turns out I already had the first achievement. I’ll go do the rest tomorrow and just continue with the game too. It’s quite unique!

When I go into rewards and check the 500 points challenge it shows me two boxes to tick, even though i have to unlock three achievements in one of those games. Those two boxes get ticked automatically as soon as I unlock three achievements? For some challenges you see : Completed 1/3 for example. So you know it has registered the achievement.

I’m always a bit wary of these things bugging out, lol.

1 Like