Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

wow, how did you get such a high balance?

1 Like

I’m pretty intense about rewards so I exhaust every source available in the US and I like to have a buffer so I had a big stack. About a month back, there was an Xbox FanFest trivia challenge that awarded me like a third of that though.

1 Like

You don’t actually need to play, just launch the game. Try 1 of them really low specs game like microsoft solitaire or something should open on almost any low specs old laptop.

But that’s via the mobile app, right? I need to wait until my country has that too.

Check your Xbox app on pc. If it doesn’t have it in profile page then yeah, you’ll have to wait.

1 Like

do you have to launch pc game from xbox app? I loaded up football manager and quest didn’t complete

I think you have to play? I did it with Halo and after a match, it registered. It could be timing but I don’t really know.

You don’t have to do it through the Xbox App but I think you do need to have the game installed through there. I just launch the games directly from my Start menu:

It takes a while to pop, I just leave a game running at the title screen and it eventually pops. Something small like Vampire Survivors or Solitaire. It might also interfere if you have a VPN running. I always have mine running on my PC and the Xbox app showed one of the tasks I don’t actually have available (and I think is currently region-locked)

VPN on

VPN off

It’s extra weird because I’m not pretending to be in another country and the server is only 4 miles away. Picking another local one sometimes makes the extra task not pop up :person_shrugging:

As a disclaimer, don’t mess around with VPNs on this, because I’ve heard it can get your account banned.

2 Likes

Finally was able to get the jewels mobile game to pop up this morning. I’ll probably try a pc game later today

1 Like

Nice! I don’t know if you have Game Pass and the app, but you might be able to get points there too, a decent amount for not too much time. If you’re consistent, you can get a nice bonus 1000 points a month.

2 Likes
  • Genesis Noir
  • Floppy Knights
  • Hollow Knight
  • Moonlighter
  • Kentucky Road
  • Disc Room
  • Death’s Door
  • Ori 2
  • BugSnax
  • Outer Wilds

Which has easy achievements?

It will get you 500pts.

Hollow Knight, Outer Wilds won’t work for me since I have either finished them or gotten very far.

Genesis Noir is short (3-5 hours) and easy and, more important, a pretty good trip.

Nothing should be missable, there is chapter select. TA has a walkthrough.

2 Likes

You need to play Death’s Door, regardless of achievements being easy or hard. It’s a gem.

2 Likes

BugSnax has a few easy early ones. should take you 10 mins at the most.

Should add also works on the cloud so if you have that, there no need to install just for an achievement.

2 Likes

Bought it soon after launch, but took a break and never got back to it. I really should!

That sounds perfect, because I need something to quickly get the points and then get back to the games I’m still playing, which is still a lot!

1 Like

The new xbox app points are nice, but they just nerfed the game pass monthly quest completionist 1000 points to 500 points.

Looks like they got rid of the monthly game quests too, though there’s a hefty weekly. Unfortunately, it’s for Black Desert…

3 Likes

More points is better in theory but if it’s all onerous Dead By Daylight stuff then I’d rather have the old way.

2 Likes

it seem fine to me more points, less quest, one longer weekly quest to do though. Overall it fine no big deal. We actually get more points.