Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

12 Likes

i’m not going down on this rabbit hole again.

5 Likes

This is going to be a really fun year :phil_lmao:

9 Likes

Lmao is he trying to turn this into a Sony win? Microsoft could pull it straight away soon as they own them if they want.

This some god tier PR speak by Phil cause you can spin that tweet into 10 different things and all be correct.

1 Like

Say my theory is wrong, that means Phil is giving up 3 AAA studios to make COD on Playstation.

Nah

1 Like

That’s not their forte. They have no ambitions to go into the movie/television business at this point. They are first and foremost a software company and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future.

This won’t age well for this Greg Miller guy lol

Fuck it I was sorta feeling bad for Sony for a second but these morons keep trying to big up Sony make me want MS to just dig in more, make them moan about how Xbox is ruining gaming and make them show just how stupid they really are.

1 Like

Just have to wait for a graphic that says “Xbox Exclusive” like what they did with Starfield.

No he’s saying that COD will be exclusive… as Xbox will try to leverage it to get gamepass on playstation… but it won’t happen.

Phil is really good.

1 Like

if phil wants GP on PS then he needs to get T2 next.

put more pressure on them with GTA

Oh I read that wrong, This shit has me all sorts of fucked up.

That’s how you go from intern to eventual CEO of gaming lol…

6 Likes

It’s not beyond reason to keep it on PlayStation. We need to look at this from an optics perspective , COD has become a platform like Minecraft. It makes sense to keep it on PlayStation and make sure that COD keeps its momentum and power as a pillar franchise that releases “Everywhere”. Including the competition.

1 Like
1 Like

It means CoD will continue coming to PSX systems. It is not just about existing contracts, but also CoD games beyond those contracts. I think this is gonna be required from an antitrust scrutiny pov. Not as aggressive as it could have been, but all in all this is still ginormous for MS/Xbox and will push many millions of gamers to buy into their ecosystem that otherwise wouldn’t have.

Exactly this, he wants them to add gamepass to playstation when the contracts are up

Absolutely not.

4 Likes